Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

NatashaN
Topic Author

yannisphotogallery.com

28 Mar 2017, 11:22

Hello, everybody!
I just finished yannisphotogallery.com for an old customer and friend, who is an amateur photographer.
It is separated in three sections (three installations of Imagevue X3) : World Traveling, 2Wheels4Fun and Art Photography.

Thank you!

PS. The site was running since 2009 in an older version of Imagevue. By far the best photo gallery website, ever!
Imagevue X3 is above all expectation!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: yannisphotogallery.com

28 Mar 2017, 23:54

Nice. That's a lot of galleries!

Personally, I found it slightly confusing with the three different websites available in the main menu. When clicking through the menu, it suddenly jumps between different websites, changing the menu entirely ... But I guess the client insisted on three separate website concepts? Not a big issue.

TIP: In your footer, you have a few links using "absolute" links (starting with http://) ... That will force X3 to load them as a NEW page. If you use root-relative links (eg. href="/World.Traveling/contact/"), X3 will use native AJAX functionality to load the page dynamically, which is faster and smoother.

NatashaN
Topic Author

Re: yannisphotogallery.com

29 Mar 2017, 03:14

Thank you, Karl!
I will change the links immediately! :)

Regarding the three galleries, yes... it is what the customer wanted.
The "Art Photography" is a new thematic unit. "2Wheels4Fun" used to run in a separate site (there was a link to the menu of the older gallery, and a common intro page to both sites).
That's why I've chosen the three installations of Imagevue X3 under separate sub-directories of the main one.

Thank you once again for your help, support and suggestions!