X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

zanico
Topic Author

www.nubierocce.it

30 Jul 2016, 13:19

Hello everybody,

Also I add my site to this nice list.
feel free to give your advice. thank you all!
http://www.nubierocce.it

(currently X3 v0.18.1)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: www.nubierocce.it

01 Aug 2016, 12:32

Wow looks great, congratulations both for the website and your photography! Must have taken some time to create all those galleries ... good work. It's a pleasure to view the galleries and images, and easy to navigate.

Your server seems nice and fast also ... I'm impressed that it handles the "preload site object" without any problems. You might want to keep an eye on this setting though ... It's a very large site to use a preload, but seems to work ok.

A few minor issues I noticed, which you might want address:
  1. Your server does not support GZIP compression.
    This is not really a big problem, because it really only applies for page documents, which will load fast anway from your server. However, it does affect your preload site object, which weighs in at 2MB un-compressed. If gzip was enabled, the site object would likely compress down to 2-300 KB. If your host doesn't allow GZIP compression, you could alleviate the issue by passing your server through Cloudflare, as explained in this post.
  2. Missing Favicon
    You don't seem to have the favicon.png file http://www.nubierocce.it/content/custom ... avicon.png, so browsers show a load error in the console ... Did you upgrade from an earlier version of X3? If so, you should create a folder "favicon" inside the "custom" folder, and add a 32x32 px favicon.png file.
  3. Default Preview Image does not exist.
    Not important, but you might want to update your default preview file under settings -> page -> details. Check your diagnostics here nubierocce.it/?diagnostics Default Preview Image does not exist

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

01 Aug 2016, 12:38

Actually, your server DOES support GZIP I see now. However, it doesn't seem to work for the site object file. Either because your host did not enable GZIP for the JSON format, or because it is too large (I am not sure).

For your reference, nubierocce.it/content/site.json:

Martin
Experienced

01 Aug 2016, 23:49

Wow, a great collection of beautiful images of beautiful women!
I love the one with the horse.

This page has an image which cannot be found (but only when you go to it by clicking first on the menu... so not when you click directly on the url below)
http://www.nubierocce.it/Portrait/2013/

I get the impression that this is what you professionally do... in that case I think it's nice and informative when the audience can read somewhere who you are and what your background is....

zanico
Topic Author

02 Aug 2016, 08:38

Thanks Karl,
very polite as always.
actually my provider, could not keep up the site, so I put it here locally on an old notebook but with SSD 60GB (I have a connection to 20mb upload, should be sufficient)
my linux knowledge are very poor, so the next days I try to put the recommendations into practice.

zanico
Topic Author

02 Aug 2016, 08:47

Thanks Martin,
very kind!

I saw the error that you reported to me, is very odd. a quick check, I can not figure out what it is caused, because that picture should not be there, and in the control panel, I do not find that link.
Karl, could be a bug?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

02 Aug 2016, 09:27

zanico wrote:I saw the error that you reported to me, is very odd. a quick check, I can not figure out what it is caused, because that picture should not be there, and in the control panel, I do not find that link.
Karl, could be a bug?
The reason it's different when navigating from the menu, is because it's coming from your site object. Go to panel -> tools -> site object, and click refresh. Looks like the site object is created when you had an image in that folder.