Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Martin
Experienced
Topic Author

Emptiness Gallery

04 Jun 2016, 15:40

I've relocated all my images that belong to my theme 'Form is Emptiness, Emptiness is Form' to this new dedicated website of mine:
http://emptiness.gallery

In contrast to my main website (http://martinbroeze.nl) the start page is not a fullscreen slideshow anymore, but has a more moderate design of only three smaller images in portrait mode.
The nice thing of these three images is that they are randomly chosen from an assets folder (thnx again, Karl!).
Clicking on one of them, links to the folder they belong to.
Furthemore I've used a linear-gradient that is attached to the page.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Emptiness Gallery

05 Jun 2016, 04:45

Nice and clean ... Nice abstract galleries.

Would it not be better without the topbar background though? It seems unnecessary, especially with the gradient, and looks strange when there is no margin above the page title:

Removed:

Martin
Experienced
Topic Author

05 Jun 2016, 06:19

mjau-mjau wrote:Would it not be better without the topbar background though? It seems unnecessary, especially with the gradient, and looks strange when there is no margin above the page title.
Yes, it would indeed, but I noticed that IE displays the gradient different then Chrome.
This is IE with
Style / Skin / Navigation Background = filled
& Plugins / Background / Menu Style = normal
And this is IE with
Style / Skin / Navigation Background = clear
Well, I didn't like the line just under the topbar, so I had to choose for 'filled'.
But then the menubar had no gradient.
Only when I choose for:
Style / Skin / Navigation Background = filled
& Plugins / Background / Menu Style = 'white on 12% black' the topbar would be dark in IE, like this:

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

05 Jun 2016, 08:00

Martin wrote:Well, I didn't like the line just under the topbar, so I had to choose for 'filled'.
You could of course HIDE the line under the topbar with some basic custom CSS. I am wondering though, you have applied a class "no-pad" on all your pages, which basically prevents the page content (starting from title) from having any natural top padding. Therefore, title starts directly under the menu, with no space. I am not quite sure why you have done this, because it would be nice with some breathing space between the topbar and the title, regardless of filled/clear settings ...

Martin
Experienced
Topic Author

05 Jun 2016, 09:06

Yes, you're right... the no pad was a leftover from a previous version.
I deleted it.
I also deleted the separator line below the title to reduce some space between title and images.

With these new settings:
Style / Skin / Navigation Background = clear
the linear gradient shows from top to bottom...

Thnx for your feedback and advice!