Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

metallissimus
Experienced

Re: I want to see your X3 website!

19 Jun 2020, 03:01

mjau-mjau wrote: X3.29.0 will be out in less than a week,  and will make those scrollbars in your sidebar layout much more appealing.
This is amazing news! Those scrollbars are the only thing I don't like about my site, especially on windows.
www.danielbollinger.de – corporate photography
hochzeiten.danielbollinger.de – wedding photography

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

19 Jun 2020, 11:00

metallissimus wrote:This is amazing news! Those scrollbars are the only thing I don't like about my site, especially on windows.
You are in for a treat :sunglasses:

gabistan

21 Jun 2020, 11:17

mjau-mjau wrote: Hi Gabi. Look really good! Clean and simple interface, easy to view and access the galleries.

X3.29.0 will be out in less than a week,  and will make those scrollbars in your sidebar layout much more appealing.
Thank you, Karl! :)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

23 Jun 2020, 10:24

metallissimus wrote:This is amazing news! Those scrollbars are the only thing I don't like about my site, especially on windows.
Check latest X3.29.0:
photo.gallery/blog/x3-29-image-resizer-and-more/

marco963
Experienced

29 Jul 2020, 05:17

New WEBSITE just finalized.

Karl, hope you like it. Any suggestion welcome !

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

29 Jul 2020, 10:36

Hi Marco. New website looks great! Love the animated logo! Good job with portfolio and galleries. A few comments:

Animated logo loop
Although I love the logo, I think it becomes a bit annoying when it keeps animating forever. I don't know what application you are using, but there should be a "loop" setting available for gifs, which by default it set to infinite. I think it would look more pro if the logo only animated 3-4 times, and then remain static.

marcobrivio.photo/WORKS/
The chosen "vertical" layout for the screenshot-type images on this page feels cluttered and confusing. Also, with this layout, each image doesn't fit on my 13" screen without scrolling and the visible JPG-compression on the screenshots is not elegant. Perhaps you should try COLUMNS layout (for example 3 columns) for this page? Also, I would consider using PNG images for these images, although that will be less important when if you change the layout. I don't think visitors will be reading the text in the screenshots, but they give a good overview of your works.

marcobrivio.photo/CLIENTS/
Add an image or image intro? Page feels a bit naked with only text. Also, perhaps use two columns for listing the clients?

marco963
Experienced

29 Jul 2020, 11:27

mjau-mjau wrote: Hi Marco. New website looks great! Love the animated logo! Good job with portfolio and galleries. A few comments:

Animated logo loop
Although I love the logo, I think it becomes a bit annoying when it keeps animating forever. I don't know what application you are using, but there should be a "loop" setting available for gifs, which by default it set to infinite. I think it would look more pro if the logo only animated 3-4 times, and then remain static.

marcobrivio.photo/WORKS/
The chosen "vertical" layout for the screenshot-type images on this page feels cluttered and confusing. Also, with this layout, each image doesn't fit on my 13" screen without scrolling and the visible JPG-compression on the screenshots is not elegant. Perhaps you should try COLUMNS layout (for example 3 columns) for this page? Also, I would consider using PNG images for these images, although that will be less important when if you change the layout. I don't think visitors will be reading the text in the screenshots, but they give a good overview of your works.

marcobrivio.photo/CLIENTS/
Add an image or image intro? Page feels a bit naked with only text. Also, perhaps use two columns for listing the clients?
Karl. thanks for your precious suggestions. Now I use a not-animated logo. WORKS page changed according to your comments and CLIENTS page with two columns (I still have to think about a INTRO image).

THANK YOU 

stormmaster

04 Jul 2021, 14:53

Hi Karl,

having wanted to migrate my site on stormpix.net from koken, like many others it seems, I came across x3 photo gallery.
I have to say: It really is a pleasure to use, with enough freedom and technical stuff to be not too limiting, but still keeping an easy to use interface.

And most importantly: I finally feel I am in control of _my_ data again. So I'm back to posting on my website again, and not having some algorithm decide when and how to show it.

So thanks for building this and making it fun to publish again - with great performance and mobile friendly layouts. In the end it also helps to keep motivated to photograph!

Tips for koken migrators:
* I use Lightroom with the jfCollection Publisher and FreeFileSync to auto upload via ftps and an after sync action to call a touch.php (somewhere else in the forums) to trigger page rebuild.
* I add text descriptions to image caption; using the following css addition in x3 settings to show the linebreaks.
Code
.popup-caption-description, 
p[itemprop="description"] {
  white-space: pre-line;
  overflow:auto !important;
}
 So the workflow allows me to publish in Lightroom and having new pictures appear on the page with description, without having to log in and upload manually.

Maybe someone can use this.
Any feedback welcome.

Cheers,
Stefan

Joseph_balson
Experienced

04 Jul 2021, 18:58

Love your work, especially your writing.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

05 Jul 2021, 00:53

Fascinating and well executed  :clap: :star:

stormmaster

05 Jul 2021, 18:35

mjau-mjau wrote: Fascinating and well executed  :clap: :star:
Thank you Karl. Glad you like it. I will be coming back with a few requests and things that I noticed ;-)
Joseph_balson wrote: Love your work, especially your writing.
Thank you Joseph, for taking the time to look at my work. Yeah ... writing .. I wish I would do more of it .. some day ;-)
Had a look at your site as well. My deepest respect. Wonderful work - really "enjoyed" the Monsters in the woods and also reading The Night Walk.

metallissimus
Experienced

11 Aug 2021, 14:39

I did an overhaul of my wedding photography site: https://hochzeiten.danielbollinger.de/  Maybe this is something for the showcase, too?

I feel like I can appreciate X3 more and more the longer I use it and learn all it has to offer. In this case putting together the homepage turned out to be much easier than I had feared. Thanks so much Karl!
www.danielbollinger.de – corporate photography
hochzeiten.danielbollinger.de – wedding photography

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

12 Aug 2021, 00:41

metallissimus wrote: I did an overhaul of my wedding photography site: https://hochzeiten.danielbollinger.de/  Maybe this is something for the showcase, too?
Great work as usual!

wibo43

15 Nov 2022, 13:44

www.iwangoulooze.nl

One year ago I found X3. That was also the day that I stop using Wordpress.
After a year it starts to look like something.
the only thing I see is that when i want to open the gallery and click on any album, it seem not very fast loading the pictures.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

15 Nov 2022, 21:43

wibo43 wrote:www.iwangoulooze.nl
Good job!
wibo43 wrote:the only thing I see is that when i want to open the gallery and click on any album, it seem not very fast loading the pictures.
Perhaps in the early stages when X3 is creating the thumbnails for the first time? :thinking: It seems pretty quick now.

I do see that some of the pages are slow to load (before they are cached). This looks like a slow server/hosting service. It should be ok once pages and images get cached, but the hosting seems slow.