Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

Re: I wanna see your X3 ...

03 Mar 2015, 03:46

Max Bugno wrote:I would like also to build an index page with wide justified images linking to each artist
page. Is it possible to have an image redirect to a single section?
X3 supports folders layout already, but it seems you want to show links to artists from multiple folders (modern, contemporary and photography) on the same page, right? That would be more complicated, although it could be a feature we include with the folder assets setting. You could also add links manually, but that would be very time-consuming, and hard to maintain.

dsellung
Experienced

05 Mar 2015, 00:58

This is what I did in X3:

http://dominiksellung.de/X3test/

There's still some things to do like changing the standard texts and of course adding more photos. :-)

What do you think? Feel free to say your opinion! ;-)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

05 Mar 2015, 04:51

Looks great. Good choice of fonts - Im enjoying the Roboto+Slab header font a lot ... Nice twist on the tall images in your gallery menu also ... It works nicely!

It could be because I'm used to seeing the default orange color, but would be nice to see a different primary color. Perhaps another one of the 10 defaults in the styler examples with the twilight skin? Everything else looks good as far as I can see.

Once you are finished (for an extended time period) in setting up your gallery, try setting preload: true in the setting, for page speed super powers.

dsellung
Experienced

06 Mar 2015, 00:43

Thank you! I love Roboto+Slab So I had to use it when I saw it was available. :-)

For the color, I tried several but i think the golden one fits best or maybe I just like it best. Not saying that this will never change. ;-)

As for the preload I think my server can't do this. :-(

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

06 Mar 2015, 03:50

dsellung wrote:As for the preload I think my server can't do this. :-(
Did you try? It is a heavy process to create the global data file, but once it is created, it does not require any more processing from server.

Keep in mind, it needs to get created after each time you make any changes, obviously because the website changes and so the global data object needs to be recreated also.

dsellung
Experienced

06 Mar 2015, 09:32

Is that the Mod Deflate thing? And of it doesn't work, will I geht and Message about that so I can know for sure?
I tried it once and couldn't notice any big difference...

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

06 Mar 2015, 22:21

dsellung wrote:Is that the Mod Deflate thing? And of it doesn't work, will I geht and Message about that so I can know for sure?
No, mod_deflate is something different, and it will either work on your server or not. It is not a setting. If it works, it will massively compress the output size of all your pages/css ... It is unlikely you would notice much difference from your computer, because you likely have fast connection and/or files may be cached. It would certainly speed up delivery of the initial page (page+css), and navigating pages, for new visitors and for users on slow connections.

As for the preload setting ...
dsellung wrote:I tried it once and couldn't notice any big difference...
Likely because pages are already cached on your computer, because X3 uses a feature localstorage to cache pages. You would only notice the speed difference if you view the page from a new browser where it is not cached. Also, the preload option only comes into effect when clicking links in the menu, as these pages are already loaded ... It will not speed up delivery of the first page, and neither loading of images.

Having said both the above, the preload setting would certainly benefit a lot from having mod_deflate available, because it would compress a fairly large file from for example 400kb down to 50kb. Did you upgrade to 0.9.1? I think not, but you can please try to replace the .htaccess file from 0.9.1 here https://d.pr/f/128Yk.

I see you have already enabled preload. Now, if you visit your website from a new browser, or empty the cache in your current browser, you will see that when navigating links in the menu, pages will display immediately without any delay whatsoever!

dsellung
Experienced

09 Mar 2015, 11:46

Hey,

now I have upgraded to 0.9.1 - even the complete update. On my check page, nothing has changed. But I believe everything runs a bit faster now. :-)

Btw, since I broke my X2 I decided to put X3 on www.dominiksellung.de without the Test-folder. ;-)

localhost
Experienced

09 Mar 2015, 22:43

Updated to the latest 0.9Beta... http://larryanda.com.au/

Martin
Experienced

10 Mar 2015, 12:15

localhost wrote:Updated to the latest 0.9Beta... http://larryanda.com.au/
Hi Larry,

Looks great!
Funny... I never really noticed the special mouse hover effect you are using... until now :-)
Code
gallery: x3-hover-scale

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

11 Mar 2015, 03:04

Looking good gentlemen, I am enjoying the custom styles.

I can also confirm that compression is working for both of you, thus providing much faster loading for pages and initial blocking CSS ...

rokudamerlin
Experienced

21 Mar 2015, 06:19

so..

http://www.stefanhubigdesign.de is a german website for Graphic web and print design .. love the new x3 :D
later come new updates ;)
VektorStyle.de
Graphic - Web - Printdesign | X3

Martin
Experienced

21 Mar 2015, 10:04

rokudamerlin wrote:http://www.stefanhubigdesign.de is a german website for Graphic web and print design
You definitely have your own style... nice to see!

Just wondered how you put you logo on the left side of every page....

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

21 Mar 2015, 10:48

rokudamerlin wrote:http://www.stefanhubigdesign.de is a german website for Graphic web and print design .. love the new x3 :D
Looking good! I especially like the "deep pink" color, and the rounded preview-images in the mega menu are a nice twist. Nice to see that you have been creative with the various gallery layouts available also. Furthermore, I'm happy to see that you have been customizing several CSS styles, which is a nice feature in X3.

The only thing I would comment, is that since you are using so many different layout variations, it may affect consistency. For example the "flyer-plakate" does not seem to have sufficient margin, especially with the frame. Also, there are many different pages at different widths ... Nothing wrong with several variations, but I would try to limit the usage of different layouts, for the sake of consistency.

rokudamerlin
Experienced

23 Mar 2015, 06:27

Martin wrote:
rokudamerlin wrote:http://www.stefanhubigdesign.de is a german website for Graphic web and print design
You definitely have your own style... nice to see!

Just wondered how you put you logo on the left side of every page....
hi, my logo is "on end" and on the top the menu comes to many in the body this looks not fine .. now i have search a other place .. and this is the place ..i like it ;D
VektorStyle.de
Graphic - Web - Printdesign | X3