Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

ste1fan

Re: I want to see your X3 website!

25 Nov 2018, 01:33

Thanks, Karl.

I have already tried this option, but then the layout of the map is no longer correct. But I have not had time to research why that happens.
Custom Logo is a good idea. I think I have to contact a graphic artist ;)

hardliner
Experienced

02 Jan 2019, 19:33

I've had my site for a while but now I've reworked it again. The blog area and the content area will be filled with more content in the next weeks.

https://danjel.rojka.de

What do you think?

Greetings
Danjel Rojka

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

03 Jan 2019, 01:01

Hi Danjel, new website looks nice. Some suggestions from my trained eye:
  • You might want to make adjustments to your logo vs slideshow as discussed in the other topic.
  • Your logo could do with some vertical margin ... It's too close to browser top. In my opinion, your logo and menu would look better and more clear without the filled background and default margin:
  • In your slideshow intro, you have added your portfolio? Seeing you are a photographer, as a visitor, my first target would be to look for some "portfolio" section in the main menu. There is none, and all I can see is some specific galleries under "galerie", but they don't showcase your best work. I think you should have a portfolio or showcase section that shows your best work, and you can't rely on your slideshow-intro to do this.
  • You remove the menu in your blog section? I don't  quite see the point of that.
  • On your impressum page you should revert to LEFT-aligned text and a NARROWER layout. The text is really hard to read when centered like this, and the reading width is too long. Best reading with of text for humans, is approximately that of a book, and that is why the context module width is set to "narrowers" width by default. 

hardliner
Experienced

03 Jan 2019, 07:49

Hello, Karl, I agree. I put the main focus on the weddings and put it right into the main menu. Everything else I put together in my gallery. The one with the background is not only me who has the problem. On several websites I looked at, the logos were sometimes not recognizable.

I adjusted the Impressum and made the text on the left flush.
In the blog I made the menu visible again.
The logo now has more margin in the menu. And I have now set it to Wide.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

03 Jan 2019, 08:29

hardliner wrote:Hello, Karl, I agree. I put the main focus on the weddings and put it right into the main menu. Everything else I put together in my gallery. The one with the background is not only me who has the problem. On several websites I looked at, the logos were sometimes not recognizable.
Yes I have also seen this, but what can we do? We offer this as an option in X3, and just like many other features in X3, we can't prevent the user from breaking the design or not using it with good design planning. The option to just make a super dark or super-light background with less opacity to overcome low contrast is not a good design "solution". Already, the 12% and 25% menu background solutions are not so attractive. I can't remove this option just because some websites are not implementing it properly, and there is no magical attractive fix for this apart from planning properly.

In my opinion, your logo looks almost fine on most images. For those images where it is not readable, it's not really a big problem ... It's not like the visitor needs to re-read your logo on every image. You could just remove a few images, job done. A thin light-brown logo on top of mixed images will clearly have issues with visibility at times.

jrileystewart

17 Jan 2020, 13:27

https://jrileystewart.com

Lots of tweaking using the custom css feature.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

18 Jan 2020, 08:09

Good job!

hanito

22 Mar 2020, 18:27

www.methanolpixel.de
Racing Site: Speedway, Roadracing Cars and Bikes usw.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

24 Mar 2020, 01:03

hanito wrote: www.methanolpixel.de
Racing Site: Speedway, Roadracing Cars and Bikes usw.
Looks good! Simple gallery style with lots of photos, easy to access from the sidebar menu.

My only suggestion, for the home page, why not set WIDE width in gallery settings? That means the slideshow would stretch to fill the entire area.

hanito

24 Mar 2020, 14:49

Thank you very much. I followed your suggestion and set "width". However, the pics are only 1280x853 in size.
One more question, is it possible to set the lens in the exifs. Example - Sony 100-400mm?
Thanks for the top program  :clap: :thumbsup:

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

25 Mar 2020, 00:43

hanito wrote:I followed your suggestion and set "width". However, the pics are only 1280x853 in size.
Right. At least it will look nice on 1280 px wide screens (and smaller)! If you have larger size, you could consider uploading larger versions, for the sake of the intro page.
hanito wrote:One more question, is it possible to set the lens in the exifs. Example - Sony 100-400mm?
When you say "set" do you mean "get" so that you can display the value in the gallery? X3 cannot set "lens" tag in exif, but it should be able to get it for display.

Martin
Experienced

28 May 2020, 07:10

Hi Karl,

Maybe you remember my question almost two years ago: 
"Is it possible to get a look into the settings of your 'photo.gallery'-panel?"
https://forum.photo.gallery/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=9618&p=43635#p43635

Well, a long time I was too intimidated by the code you sent  :slight_smile:, but some weeks ago I looked into it again.
I stripped the functionality to its essentials and build a new frontpage for my website:
https://martinbroeze.nl/

Thnx for your generosity of sharing your code!
Martin

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

28 May 2020, 09:37

Good job!  :clap:

gabistan

18 Jun 2020, 05:34

Hello!

This is my new X3 photography site:

http://gabistan.ro/

What do you think?

Thanks!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

19 Jun 2020, 00:30

Hi Gabi. Look really good! Clean and simple interface, easy to view and access the galleries.

X3.29.0 will be out in less than a week,  and will make those scrollbars in your sidebar layout much more appealing.