X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

GeoPal
Experienced
Topic Author

GigaPixel.bg ultra-high res photos

25 Nov 2021, 13:27

Hey everybody,
I want to present to you the largest yet project I did with the German photographer Michael von Aichberger.
At the beginning of September 2021 we made several gigapixel panoramas, one being the largest photo ever taken in Bulgaria, particularly the capital-Sofia  66+ GIGApixels.
Imagevue helped me organize pages and showcase the panos in the best possible way, fast and efficient.
GigaPixel.bg
In the posts for every panorama there is detailed info of what we used to make the photo, how much time did it take, number of photos, etc.
Happy exploration and comments and questions welcome!
G

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: GigaPixel.bg ultra-high res photos

26 Nov 2021, 00:32

That's some insane zoom details!  :clap: :star:

I'm personally missing some kinda zoom button, surely there is an option from pano2VR? I use Macbook with trackpad (like many others), and it's really not intuitive to use the trackpad to "zoom". One has to pinch outwards on the trackpad, and the movement is jerky, imprecise and hard to control. Especially clumsy when I intend to zoom into a specific area in the panorama. Just FYI.

GeoPal
Experienced
Topic Author

26 Nov 2021, 03:11

Thank you for the feedback, Karl! You can also use control/shift, don't know if that works on Mac with command button, etc.?
Otherwise you are right, but scrolling or using buttons and arrows I think suits more gigapixel panos. I can surely add zoom in/out buttons. Thanks again!
G

TristanJo
Experienced

26 Dec 2022, 00:20

GeoPal wrote: Hey everybody,
I want to present to you the largest yet project I did with the German photographer Michael von Aichberger.
At the beginning of September 2021 we made several gigapixel panoramas, one being the largest photo ever taken in Bulgaria, particularly the capital-Sofia  66+ GIGApixels.
Imagevue helped me organize pages and showcase the panos in the best possible way, fast and efficient.
GigaPixel.bg
In the posts for every panorama there is detailed info of what we used to make the photo, how much time did it take, number of photos, etc.
Happy exploration and comments and questions welcome!
G
It's amazing.

GeoPal
Experienced
Topic Author

09 Jan 2023, 10:48

Thank you, glad you liked it!

GeoPal
Experienced
Topic Author

31 Mar 2023, 10:47

After 2 years, I am happy to share with you another of our projects- gigapixel tour of Barcelona, 114 gigapixels combined!
It also has added value as we have many info spots as well as 360 panos incorporated in the gigapixel tour.

https://gigapixel.bg/en/gallery/Barcelona/

Hope you like it and please share your comments.
G

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

31 Mar 2023, 23:14

Amazing depth and detail!