Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

cyman_de
Topic Author

another one who leaves Koken behind

08 Feb 2021, 06:07

Hi there,

i hope you are well and all healthy. I have been on the net with my own site for a very long time, the last few years with Koken, like so many others  ;-) After I tried some other products, I am now using X3 Photo Gallery. I am still doing some tweaking with HTML and CSS, but I am quite happy with the result.

Are you curious? Check it out https://simongude.com

I'm looking forward to your feedback and say thanks in advance.

Cheers
Simon

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: another one who leaves Koken behind

08 Feb 2021, 21:07

Nice!  :clap: Clean layout and well-structured pages, making it a delight for visitors. I also like the large menu, and that you have used CSS --variables, which will be used extensively for style customization in future X3/X4 (currently, it's not easy to tweak X3 by CSS, because you need to override complex classes). If I was to make two comments:
  1. Could the logo have more vertical padding? It looks a bit squashed up there and I don't see any harm in allowing a bit more space.
  2. Not a huge fan of the dark background around the elements on your /Blog/ page, as it seems unnecessary and perhaps even distrating.
:star:

cyman_de
Topic Author

09 Feb 2021, 04:27

Hey Karl,

thanks for your feedback! Yeah, if you spend too long on a project, you can lose focus on the details. I have given the logo more space now, it really looks better. Thank you. I also gave the pages, the text and also the blog a bit more width, so it doesn't look squat.

I like the darker elements in the blog and when design elements are repeated but still separate, it creates a kind of harmony - in my opinion. Maybe it looks more pleasing for you with the more width ;-)

Cheers
Simon

metallissimus
Experienced

03 Mar 2021, 06:50

cyman_de wrote: I like the darker elements in the blog and when design elements are repeated but still separate, it creates a kind of harmony - in my opinion.
If I may add my two cents: Together with the horizontal lines you have two "layers" of separation. I feel like without those the harmony would be much more pronounced.
www.danielbollinger.de – corporate photography
hochzeiten.danielbollinger.de – wedding photography

cyman_de
Topic Author

09 Mar 2021, 07:12

metallissimus wrote:
cyman_de wrote: I like the darker elements in the blog and when design elements are repeated but still separate, it creates a kind of harmony - in my opinion.
If I may add my two cents: Together with the horizontal lines you have two "layers" of separation. I feel like without those the harmony would be much more pronounced.
Hi Daniel,

thank you for your input and yes, you are absolutely right. I removed the second layer and it does indeed look more balanced without really losing anything.

Simon

metallissimus
Experienced

09 Mar 2021, 09:34

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you like it.
www.danielbollinger.de – corporate photography
hochzeiten.danielbollinger.de – wedding photography