Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

metallissimus
Experienced

Re: I want to see your X3 website!

19 Jun 2020, 03:01

mjau-mjau wrote: X3.29.0 will be out in less than a week,  and will make those scrollbars in your sidebar layout much more appealing.
This is amazing news! Those scrollbars are the only thing I don't like about my site, especially on windows.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

19 Jun 2020, 11:00

metallissimus wrote:This is amazing news! Those scrollbars are the only thing I don't like about my site, especially on windows.
You are in for a treat :sunglasses:

gabistan

21 Jun 2020, 11:17

mjau-mjau wrote: Hi Gabi. Look really good! Clean and simple interface, easy to view and access the galleries.

X3.29.0 will be out in less than a week,  and will make those scrollbars in your sidebar layout much more appealing.
Thank you, Karl! :)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

23 Jun 2020, 10:24

metallissimus wrote:This is amazing news! Those scrollbars are the only thing I don't like about my site, especially on windows.
Check latest X3.29.0:
photo.gallery/blog/x3-29-image-resizer-and-more/

marco963
Experienced

29 Jul 2020, 05:17

New WEBSITE just finalized.

Karl, hope you like it. Any suggestion welcome !

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

29 Jul 2020, 10:36

Hi Marco. New website looks great! Love the animated logo! Good job with portfolio and galleries. A few comments:

Animated logo loop
Although I love the logo, I think it becomes a bit annoying when it keeps animating forever. I don't know what application you are using, but there should be a "loop" setting available for gifs, which by default it set to infinite. I think it would look more pro if the logo only animated 3-4 times, and then remain static.

marcobrivio.photo/WORKS/
The chosen "vertical" layout for the screenshot-type images on this page feels cluttered and confusing. Also, with this layout, each image doesn't fit on my 13" screen without scrolling and the visible JPG-compression on the screenshots is not elegant. Perhaps you should try COLUMNS layout (for example 3 columns) for this page? Also, I would consider using PNG images for these images, although that will be less important when if you change the layout. I don't think visitors will be reading the text in the screenshots, but they give a good overview of your works.

marcobrivio.photo/CLIENTS/
Add an image or image intro? Page feels a bit naked with only text. Also, perhaps use two columns for listing the clients?

marco963
Experienced

29 Jul 2020, 11:27

mjau-mjau wrote: Hi Marco. New website looks great! Love the animated logo! Good job with portfolio and galleries. A few comments:

Animated logo loop
Although I love the logo, I think it becomes a bit annoying when it keeps animating forever. I don't know what application you are using, but there should be a "loop" setting available for gifs, which by default it set to infinite. I think it would look more pro if the logo only animated 3-4 times, and then remain static.

marcobrivio.photo/WORKS/
The chosen "vertical" layout for the screenshot-type images on this page feels cluttered and confusing. Also, with this layout, each image doesn't fit on my 13" screen without scrolling and the visible JPG-compression on the screenshots is not elegant. Perhaps you should try COLUMNS layout (for example 3 columns) for this page? Also, I would consider using PNG images for these images, although that will be less important when if you change the layout. I don't think visitors will be reading the text in the screenshots, but they give a good overview of your works.

marcobrivio.photo/CLIENTS/
Add an image or image intro? Page feels a bit naked with only text. Also, perhaps use two columns for listing the clients?
Karl. thanks for your precious suggestions. Now I use a not-animated logo. WORKS page changed according to your comments and CLIENTS page with two columns (I still have to think about a INTRO image).

THANK YOU