Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

WernerL
Topic Author

e-mail from contact form ends up in spam folder

11 Mar 2020, 06:59

Hello all, 

I changed something in my contact form and since then i have had the problem that all mails sent from the contact form to my e-mail adresss end up in my spam folder, that I cannot solve in the e-mail program Mail (Mac). 

In the "From:" area of the email the correct name of the email sender "Werner" is followed by  % email%  (see png in attach).
Unfortunately I can not remember where I changed anywhere :-((.
Can someone please give me a hint how I can correct this error again.
Thanks an best regards
Werner
email example.png
email example.png (62.31 KiB) Viewed 8807 times

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: e-mail from contact form ends up in spam folder

11 Mar 2020, 22:24

Hi Werner,

That would come from Settings > Mail > Mail body template:

Default looks like this:
Code
<strong>From:</strong> %name% <a href='mailto:%email%'>%email%</a><br>
%page%<br>
<br>
<strong>Message</strong><br>
%message%
I'm actually not sure why it shows %email% in your email. Can you send me what you have in the Mail body template? The words surrounded by %% %here% are variables, and will convert to data added by visitor into the form.

As for spam, there are many reasons, including 1) Email content, 2) server sending method (are you using SMTP?), 3) server or SMTP reputation, 4) Email (FROM) reputation. All outside the control of X3. In your case, since your email displays %email%, that is likely a keyword that increases the spam-score of emails, so it might work fine once that gets fixed.

WernerL
Topic Author

14 Mar 2020, 09:13

Hi Karl, 

thanks for your quick response and the mail default template.
I replaced mine with yours, but with no result. 
Same behavior, see above.

So I think, there ist no (more) e-mail address to be filled into the %email% variable. 
Is it possible, that I unintentionally have deleted it somewhere in my settings?
Under the Panel - tab there I have my e-mail entered under Panel Email.
Has the email to be entered somewhere else?

I also think, that my spam problem is solved, when the %email% variable can be filled again.
At the moment I have another problem to attach a png-file, sorry  :thinking:.
I can not find the attach file button ... :confused:
Sorry and thanks
Werner

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

14 Mar 2020, 09:35

In last post, I asked you to post exactly what you have in that template field, because this is not clear to me. Also, you say something about "there ist no (more) e-mail address to be filled into the %email% variable" ... You are not supposed to "fill" those variables. And I am not sure what you mean deleted "it" ... deleted what?

Sorry, but hard to help. Do you have panel login to your panel so I can take a look? You can send login info per PM (private message).