X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

lulu
Experienced
Topic Author

Login Panel problem

18 Dec 2016, 07:59

Hello,

i can't login to my panel. i am sure of my couple login/password, but it doesn't work. And admin/admin not works too.

Can you help me ?

thanks a lot

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Login Panel problem

18 Dec 2016, 12:45

Yes, but I would need the link at least ... please send login to your panel by Private Message, and I will check.

lulu
Experienced
Topic Author

18 Dec 2016, 13:59

Done, thank you, Karl

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

18 Dec 2016, 22:00

Answered in PM.

lulu
Experienced
Topic Author

19 Dec 2016, 05:06

Problem solved.
Thank you Karl

The solution is here : "Your panel login would be stored in the config.user.json file in the config folder. Open that file, and you will find what you have as USERNAME and PASSWORD."

chrisbaylor

13 Jun 2017, 14:56

When I use the default login to my new X3 panel, then attempt to change the USERNAME/Password, absolutely NOTHING is visible to change anywhere.  am I missing something?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

14 Jun 2017, 00:54

chrisbaylor wrote:When I use the default login to my new X3 panel, then attempt to change the USERNAME/Password, absolutely NOTHING is visible to change anywhere.  am I missing something?
Hi Chris. I answered in your PM. Some required files in your panel don't seem to be uploaded.

chrisbaylor

15 Jun 2017, 10:55

Hi Karl... I got your PM.  I did some investigating and found the files are loaded in both the root and the X3 directory that I originally created to test everything.  It appears to be some level of accessibility causing the issues.  What should the property attributes be for the 3 files... Read, Write and Execute?   

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

15 Jun 2017, 13:23

It's strange that they are not the SAME permissions as all other files you uploaded. Why would they be different? They should at least set to READ / 444 so they are accessible. Check what your other files are set to, and use them same.

ddialogue

24 Jun 2018, 12:57

lulu wrote: Problem solved.
Thank you Karl

The solution is here : "Your panel login would be stored in the config.user.json file in the config folder. Open that file, and you will find what you have as USERNAME and PASSWORD."
I, too, cannot login to my panel.  I set this up just a few weeks ago and now cannot log in.  I have checked my config.user.json file and the "password":  object IS there but I have no idea what the username is.  The default admin username does not work with the password configured in that file.

Thanks.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

24 Jun 2018, 15:01

ddialogue wrote:I, too, cannot login to my panel.  I set this up just a few weeks ago and now cannot log in.  I have checked my config.user.json file and the "password":  object IS there but I have no idea what the username is.  The default admin username does not work with the password configured in that file.
Please, a link to your X3 website so I can take a look. If the "username" is not in your config.user.json file, it means your username is "admin" (same as default). Failure to login does not always mean login is incorrect ... It could also be caused for session_save_path not being writeable, in which case login would simply loop to login page.

ddialogue

24 Jun 2018, 18:27

mjau-mjau wrote:
ddialogue wrote:I, too, cannot login to my panel.  I set this up just a few weeks ago and now cannot log in.  I have checked my config.user.json file and the "password":  object IS there but I have no idea what the username is.  The default admin username does not work with the password configured in that file.
Please, a link to your X3 website so I can take a look. If the "username" is not in your config.user.json file, it means your username is "admin" (same as default). Failure to login does not always mean login is incorrect ... It could also be caused for session_save_path not being writeable, in which case login would simply loop to login page.
Ah, thanks for the clarification.  The login page is, in fact, looping back to itself.  I have PM'd you a link to my X3 site.  Thank you!