Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

b00mtastic
Topic Author

Moving folders

28 Feb 2016, 06:30

I can't move an existing folder to another folder. It will try but it never succeeds. I've left the page open overnight to see if it would work and it never happened. I've tried it in both Chrome (the latest version) and Microsoft Edge (I'm on Windows 10). Any thoughts other than deleting the folder and re-creating it?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Moving folders

28 Feb 2016, 09:53

Got link and login to your panel so I can diagnose? Can you check by FTP if there is a file filemanager_errorlog.txt inside the panel folder?

What does your diagnostics say? yourlink/?diagnostics ... could be open_basedir restriction in effect.

b00mtastic
Topic Author

28 Feb 2016, 10:11

I don't have a diagnostics folder but I do have an error log. The log shows a ton of errors over time but the relevant ones from today are "failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found" ones. Does X3 have an issue with spaces (or non-alpha characters) in file/folder names?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

28 Feb 2016, 10:19

b00mtastic wrote:I don't have a diagnostics folder
I didn't say diagnostics folder, but you have a ?diagnostics link ... but please, I can't diagnose this by "talk". Please provide a link ...
b00mtastic wrote:but I do have an error log. The log shows a ton of errors over time but the relevant ones from today are "failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found" ones.
Yes, but I need to see it ... It doesn't matter if there is unrelated "stuff" in it. For example, if you delete a folder and refresh panel, it will log an error because it tries to load a folder that does not exist. harmless.
b00mtastic wrote:Does X3 have an issue with spaces (or non-alpha characters) in file/folder names?
Not from the panel, so you wouldn't get issues in the panel with that, and it wouldn't show in the error_log either ... so unrelated.

It is explained in details why you should not use SPACES in folder names, from the help feature when you click "create new folder".

Please a link and login? I can't help any further with specific issue unless you can provide.