X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

grimurnet
Experienced
Topic Author

A few features good to have

10 Aug 2015, 13:30

Sorting
I was wondering if in the feature it is possible to change how menu items/albums are put in. Now one has to sort by putting "1./2./3. etc." in front of all album names but it would be nicer just being able to drag n' drop to change order or order by date published.

Timeline
It would be nice to have a feature page that will display all blog/uploads etc. on one page sorted by most recent activity at top.

Styler
Being able to change more styles layout and so on and being able to save the changes in the styler view and only display styler when logged in panel.

Themes
It would be great to be able to for instance create a bootstrap theme and implement it to imagevue so that one can create the look and layout one would like and of course maintain the styler as it is now. For those that want to go further with their creation. Just if that is what more people than me would like to be able to do.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: A few features good to have

10 Aug 2015, 14:15

grimurnet wrote:Sorting
I was wondering if in the feature it is possible to change how menu items/albums are put in. Now one has to sort by putting "1./2./3. etc." in front of all album names but it would be nicer just being able to drag n' drop to change order or order by date published.
I get where you are coming from here, and something we will consider. It is however part of the nature of X3 and how items are sorted without storing sorting in an external file or database. If we are to rename folder dynamically with drag-and-drop, it could cause havoc since we are basically changing paths to content within.
grimurnet wrote:Timeline
It would be nice to have a feature page that will display all blog/uploads etc. on one page sorted by most recent activity at top.
You can already display a list of all folders and/or images within a folder. I guess what you are suggesting, is to list all new files and folders added anywhere within a certain time frame? I'm not against it, but it sounds a bit fragile and complicated.
grimurnet wrote:Styler
Being able to change more styles layout and so on and being able to save the changes in the styler view and only display styler when logged in panel.
Hmm "more styles"? We have already included 3 major layouts, including topbar, sidebars and a slidemenu option. What more layouts are you looking for? These style-layouts decide the main website layout, but all your pages can vary in style also depending on each page and what modules you use.

You are aware that you can save any changes by clicking the "heart" icon to add it to your list of favorites?

Logged in to panel could be a future option, but you are aware you can simply disable the styler from settings?
grimurnet wrote:Themes
It would be great to be able to for instance create a bootstrap theme and implement it to imagevue so that one can create the look and layout one would like and of course maintain the styler as it is now. For those that want to go further with their creation. Just if that is what more people than me would like to be able to do.
Unfortunately, this is highly unlikely. X3 is an advanced application, and it totally depends on the native structure of html to comply with the advanced javascript and CSS. Then you might as well build your own website on any open-source CMS similar to what X3 is built upon, but only you are missing everything that makes X3 into X3.

grimurnet
Experienced
Topic Author

10 Aug 2015, 16:50

mjau-mjau wrote:
grimurnet wrote:Sorting
I get where you are coming from here, and something we will consider. It is however part of the nature of X3 and how items are sorted without storing sorting in an external file or database. If we are to rename folder dynamically with drag-and-drop, it could cause havoc since we are basically changing paths to content within.
grimurnet wrote:Timeline
You can already display a list of all folders and/or images within a folder. I guess what you are suggesting, is to list all new files and folders added anywhere within a certain time frame? I'm not against it, but it sounds a bit fragile and complicated.
grimurnet wrote:Styler
Hmm "more styles"? We have already included 3 major layouts, including topbar, sidebars and a slidemenu option. What more layouts are you looking for? These style-layouts decide the main website layout, but all your pages can vary in style also depending on each page and what modules you use.

You are aware that you can save any changes by clicking the "heart" icon to add it to your list of favorites?

Logged in to panel could be a future option, but you are aware you can simply disable the styler from settings?
grimurnet wrote:Themes
Unfortunately, this is highly unlikely. X3 is an advanced application, and it totally depends on the native structure of html to comply with the advanced javascript and CSS. Then you might as well build your own website on any open-source CMS similar to what X3 is built upon, but only you are missing everything that makes X3 into X3.
OK I can agree on the theme part and yes there are quite a lot of styles to choose from. About the sorting, if I remember correctly the X2 gallery had the option to sort manually with drag n' drop that was working well. Can one access the styler without having it enabled in settings?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

11 Aug 2015, 01:44

grimurnet wrote:About the sorting, if I remember correctly the X2 gallery had the option to sort manually with drag n' drop that was working well.
Yes. Although admittedly, it was a very painful technical aspect of X3, maintaining an external XML for sorting items. I agree this could be more intuitive, so let's see what we can do at some point (not next release).
grimurnet wrote:Can one access the styler without having it enabled in settings?
If you set it to "false", the styler button will not display, but you can still get secret access to it by appending /?styler at the end of your gallery url. If you want to block it entirely, you need to set "disable".
Code
styler: # true|false|disabled|auto # Show the styler interface, or the styler load button