X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

rokudamerlin
Experienced
Topic Author

good and not so good / first view-feedback

20 Nov 2014, 09:02

hi,
iam test now the first hour the new x3 product.

the pannel and settings is good .. for non technic freak is the setting function a little bit confused. (good was a function for newbies and a version for experts add it to the navbar a link or so-when you like a can add a graphic for help 8) )
i know the time give me the best understanding for the new style and the new product.

i know the company make a good product i love your hard work for a nice gallery .. and i am happy for use the beta :D

confused is for me the settings for a folder .. huh this is verry hard haha :mrgreen:
i am not understand ..where the f*** come the fonts when i build a new folder :shock: and who can i chance this text .. :roll:

you want for the final version this admin content ? pls add the help for the settings in a new window in the admin panel (header: manage setting +Help logout)
(a idea was.. add the help in little tooltips - thiwas good idea)

you have now many new functions add .. this is wounderfull and i love it to customize for my website .

i am now a newbee for this product.. why you not build a admin like the latest imagevue ? this was good for understanding and work.

feedback (strato no problems)

this was my first feedback ..the next come when i have more hour test the version :)
greez stefan
VektorStyle.de
Graphic - Web - Printdesign | X3

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: good and not so good / first view-feedback

20 Nov 2014, 09:46

rokudamerlin wrote:the pannel and settings is good .. for non technic freak is the setting function a little bit confused. (good was a function for newbies and a version for experts add it to the navbar a link or so-when you like a can add a graphic for help 8) )
i know the time give me the best understanding for the new style and the new product.
rokudamerlin wrote:confused is for me the settings for a folder .. huh this is verry hard haha :mrgreen:
i am not understand ..where the f*** come the fonts when i build a new folder :shock: and who can i chance this text .. :roll:
First of all, I have emphasized earlier that this is a very very very very early beta version of Imagevue X3. Users wanted it "now", and I had to make it available, to those who feel comfortable to get started with something that will improve much over time.

I have even stated clearly on startpage of the docs:
Docs wrote:SETTINGS
Settings in X3, both global- and page settings, can seem somewhat intimidating at first glance. Until we can include a more intuitive admin interface and improved documentation, you will need to use the example pages and do as best you can. Also, some settings may change in successive updates, and may need to be upgraded manually.

CONTROL PANEL
The control panel will see huge improvements once we find the time. For now, you will need to accept that it is slightly 'barebones', although it does the job!
We needed to have a simple control panel ready quickly for basic clean editing, and this is the result. To me, it is clean, fast and gets the job done ... and we need to solve settings later, but at least for now, they are flexible and extensive.
rokudamerlin wrote:i am now a newbee for this product.. why you not build a admin like the latest imagevue ? this was good for understanding and work.
Really? Most people thought X2 settings were horrible, me included. The reason we don't have 1000 bells- and whistles in the X3 panel for every page (apart from that it would be very ugly), is:

#1 - Flexibility. Imagevue X3 is based on ultra-modern javascript and CSS, and tags allow us to keep it simple for those who want it simple, but very extendable for those who want to make advanced changes.
#2 - Combining. Many styles and layouts can be combined, some can not.
#3 - Modern We want to offer a modern html5 css3 based website, and for this, we need to keep settings flexible.

In Imagevue X3, you can already create pages with text, galleries and albums (not available in X2) ... and you have dozens of modern, flexible layout combinations to combine- and choose from ... and this without having 1000 options in settings. We aim to create a new admin interface in not-so-long, and we hope to integrate a more intuitive way of applying settings. However, we will not integrate a massive settings list like X2 (screenshot) per page, with settings that can break other settings, and many that cannot be combined. It will be different.

Imagevue X3 is probably for a slightly more advanced crowd than X2 was. However, our target was to build the best gallery website foundation imaginable, and to achieve this, we need to stay in touch with modern technologies. If you want to own a hyper-modern website, you may need patience, but we will help you.

FrederikFuchs

20 Nov 2014, 11:18

To be honest.....i very much like the panel.

After setting up some folders it gets easier and easier. The more ii get used to it the more i feel that you have spent many many hours of analyzing the behavior of user-interaction. Example: Folders without numbers are hidden / folders with numbers are activated and ordered. --> This is simple, perfect and really easy !! Well done !!

Before changing this into buttons and drop-downs and tool-tip-overloaded interface i would rather prefer to have a template-mechanism which can be re-used for several folders.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

21 Nov 2014, 00:40

FrederikFuchs wrote:Before changing this into buttons and drop-downs and tool-tip-overloaded interface i would rather prefer to have a template-mechanism which can be re-used for several folders.
Yes, something like this ... It is good for us to test- and sort out the settings structure first, and then ideas can be applied to a re-make of the admin. We might separate the settings into separate input fields, at least the content section which will come with a basic editor ... Also, we could for example have a [+] button for each field, where you click to add settings/styles/filters from a popup list that opens up and presents options. Also, similar to as you suggest, we could provide setting "templates" or "blueprints" from a dropdown, which could be used to apply pre-defined page settings from the template ... These setting-templates could be pre-defined us, and you could set your own setting-templates also.

Additionally, we could show basic documentation in context to the setting that is currently in focus and/or the setting that is being applied.

Bulletproof IT
Experienced

09 Dec 2014, 01:53

Drop-Down (select or multi-select) fields would be preferred. Then on some have a 'Custom' entry at the bottom of these drop-downs which activates a hidden input field for custom field entry. With the [+] button too. :)

Regarding the templates and blueprints' drop-down, I think you mean "Profile". i.e. Choose from a pre-configured profile that populates fields with values and selections. :)
e.g. The mobile phone profile for silent is updating the fields in the settings template or array...
:D
mjau-mjau wrote: Yes, something like this ... We might separate the settings into separate input fields, at least the content section which will come with a basic editor ... Also, we could for example have a [+] button for each field, where you click to add settings/styles/filters from a popup list that opens up and presents options.
Also, similar to as you suggest, we could provide setting "templates" or "blueprints" from a dropdown, which could be used to apply pre-defined page settings from the template ...