Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

metallissimus
Experienced
Topic Author

Suggestions for small UI improvements

01 Dec 2023, 12:16

I was thinking about this lately and some of the last questions here in the forum made me think of this again. I believe there is some simple renaming and reordering possible that makes the panel more intuitively understandable to new users.

Renaming
- Settings -> Page
I think "Settings" is misleading, because not everything in there is actually settings, most notably the Content.
- Page -> General
This is a consequence of the former and I also think this is very plausible and self-explanatory for a user.

Reordering
- Remove the Content tab and make it part of the Context. This way their relation becomes much clearer.
- Move the Gallery settings from the (current) Settings tab to the Gallery tab. Just like there are multiple tabs under Settings right now, there could be "Settings" and "Images" inside the Gallery tab.

It would look something like this, which is already less confusing simply because there are 2 less tabs:
Bildschirmfoto 2023-12-01 um 18.10.08.png
Bildschirmfoto 2023-12-01 um 18.10.08.png (100.37 KiB) Viewed 39982 times

Also rephrasing this
Settings for the page context layout.
to something like this
Need help with these settings? Here is a short explanation: link
might help a little.
www.danielbollinger.de – corporate photography
hochzeiten.danielbollinger.de – wedding photography

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Suggestions for small UI improvements

01 Dec 2023, 21:05

You are probably right, although I might not put much effort into this right now, with Files Gallery being the future control panel, and possible X4 on the horizon. In conclusion, I think you are also highlighting problems with a crowded interface which for many is overwhelming no matter how you re-sort or rename.

metallissimus
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: Suggestions for small UI improvements

02 Dec 2023, 06:38

Yeah, I wasn't sure either if it's not "too late" for that now with X4 already in planning.
www.danielbollinger.de – corporate photography
hochzeiten.danielbollinger.de – wedding photography