X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

amateur56
Experienced
Topic Author

Panel to scroll both columns independently

02 Oct 2021, 12:02

Hi

In the admin panel there are 2 columns menu and Content fixed together when scrolling,
my question is...

I have a lot of folders in the menu and when I'm adding content to a folder thats way down the menu line - each time I click a folder the whole page scrolls UP so I have to scroll down to do something more to any other folder, ok I can bare it but it would be much better to have the 2 columns where not fixed together eg. when scrolling down to a folder in menu that the Content side stays still - each side having their own scroll up/down? Is there a code for me to add?

Thanks
George

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Panel to scroll both columns independently

03 Oct 2021, 07:42

Thanks for feedback. Indeed the panel could definitely do with some interface updates, and that is why I am slowly planning towards Panel 2.0, which would be based on our Files app (see demo). As you can see in the demo, the side menu is independent from the rest of the page, allowing it to retain it's scroll position after navigation.
amateur56 wrote:each time I click a folder the whole page scrolls UP so I have to scroll down to do something more to any other folder, ok I can bare it but it would be much better to have the 2 columns where not fixed together eg. when scrolling down to a folder in menu that the Content side stays still - each side having their own scroll up/down? Is there a code for me to add?
Unfortunately, there is no "fix" for this in the current panel (I even tested to consider if there was some CSS "hack"). The menu is an element is a part of the page, and there is no way to scroll the page up while keeping the menu element detached, retaining it's scroll. Sorry!

amateur56
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: Panel to scroll both columns independently

06 Oct 2021, 03:01

Ahh, ok, thanks for checking

George