Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Erin
Topic Author

Panel URL Domain?

26 Dec 2022, 13:41

Hello,

I've configured my X3 photo site to use a non www URL, but I've noticed that when I access /panel, it briefly redirects to the www address before my web server directs it back. It's a small thing, but I'd like to correct it. Where can I update this setting?

Thanks,
-Erin

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Panel URL Domain?

26 Dec 2022, 22:42

How have you configured your X3 website to use non-www? Do you have a link? The only "redirect" option in X3 is Settings > Advanced > Force URL, but this affects both the website and the panel.

Erin
Topic Author

26 Dec 2022, 23:04

Thanks for replying,

The site is configured in Apache to use a non-www URL. I went to the Settings > Advanced > Force URL setting in the panel and it was correctly set. What I did next was to remove the Force URL setting, and after saving the change, the panel no longer forces the redirect. Though I'm not sure why. An old setting that was cached somewhere perhaps?

My site address is https://worldsaway.ca 
The panel itself is configured only for internal addresses. 

The issue seems to have resolved itself, so thanks again!  

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

26 Dec 2022, 23:40

Ok. When I try to access worldsaway.ca/panel, it is actually redirecting to the root website. Maybe some security feature? Btw, I wouldn't use both Apache config and "force url" setting at the same time, as I don't see any need for doubling-up, and it could cause mismatch.

Erin
Topic Author

27 Dec 2022, 10:44

Thanks, perhaps the doubling-up was the issue. Removing the URL from that field seems to have resolved it.
I've configured Apache to redirect external IP's to the root site as a security feature for /panel & /?diagnostics.

I think we're good. Thanks for your help!