Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

metallissimus
Experienced
Topic Author

Can't copy index page

17 Feb 2020, 06:26

Whenever I try to copy the index page (by clicking copy, entering a new folder name and clicking copy again) I get the message: "Folder has not been copied".
Why?
www.danielbollinger.de – corporate photography
hochzeiten.danielbollinger.de – wedding photography

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Can't copy index page

17 Feb 2020, 20:51

Actually, when using the COPY function, you are not naming the new copied folder, but selecting a target folder path where to copy it. The input field in the copy dialog popup is to set the PATH of the new dir, not the name (which remains the same). Therefore, you cannot copy folders into the same directory as they already exist. Unfortunately, this means that "copy" cannot be used for "duplicate", which is technically what you are trying to do.

I totally agree that this can be confusing. I am am already working with new panel 2.0, and looking forwards to have a much better file management system in place (copy, move etc). It should be possible to copy/duplicate dirs.

As a temporary workaround, if you want to duplicate folders (into the same directory), you would have to: 1. First COPY the dir into a SUB-directory. 2. Then if you want to move the dir to root, first rename it (for example "index2"), and MOVE it to root.

metallissimus
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: Can't copy index page

18 Feb 2020, 05:01

I understand, will use the workaround for now. Thank you!
www.danielbollinger.de – corporate photography
hochzeiten.danielbollinger.de – wedding photography