Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

metallissimus
Experienced
Topic Author

Empty footer and no logo above 1024px display height

24 Oct 2019, 09:10

I just played around with looking at my site on different simulated devices. At 1024 x 1366px (iPad Pro size) at least in my Firefox simulation there's no logo and an empty footer.
5r.png
5r.png (60.18 KiB) Viewed 31550 times
I don't have an iPad Pro so I can't test it, but if the simulation is accurate that seems to be a bug. I played around some more with the resolution, above 1024px height they just disappear.
www.danielbollinger.de – corporate photography
hochzeiten.danielbollinger.de – wedding photography

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Empty footer and no logo above 1024px display height

25 Oct 2019, 01:01

If you check from iPad (or any mobile device using touch), you will see that the topbar and footer is displaying correctly.

The implementation we have for sidebar layout is a bit diffuse, because we basically "move" the logo and footer from their standard locations, into the sidebar. Therefore, when you "resize" your screen to emulate smaller devices, they will not "re-appear" in their non-sidebar locations. Mobile devices can't be resized of course, and are already detected as "touch", so this won't occur. It's not really the best implementation, so this will be fixed in a future release, but it might have to wait for a major upgrade we are planning.

Martin
Experienced

28 May 2020, 06:52

mjau-mjau wrote: If you check from iPad (or any mobile device using touch), you will see that the topbar and footer is displaying correctly.

The implementation we have for sidebar layout is a bit diffuse, because we basically "move" the logo and footer from their standard locations, into the sidebar. Therefore, when you "resize" your screen to emulate smaller devices, they will not "re-appear" in their non-sidebar locations. Mobile devices can't be resized of course, and are already detected as "touch", so this won't occur. It's not really the best implementation, so this will be fixed in a future release, but it might have to wait for a major upgrade we are planning.
Mobile devices (like my iPad Pro) can't be resized, but they can rotate 90 degrees in which case the logo/footer will disappear (when using the sidebar option).
My android (640x360px) has no problems when turning the device... the logo will stay at the top and the footer at the bottom.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

28 May 2020, 09:36

Martin wrote:Mobile devices (like my iPad Pro) can't be resized, but they can rotate 90 degrees in which case the logo/footer will disappear (when using the sidebar option).
My android (640x360px) has no problems when turning the device... the logo will stay at the top and the footer at the bottom.
This is an issue I need to resolve. Thanks for reminding me.

There will be a new release soon, and a fix won't be ready for this release, but I will schedule it for the following release.

Martin
Experienced

27 Aug 2020, 10:41

mjau-mjau wrote:
Martin wrote:Mobile devices (like my iPad Pro) can't be resized, but they can rotate 90 degrees in which case the logo/footer will disappear (when using the sidebar option).
This is an issue I need to resolve. Thanks for reminding me.

There will be a new release soon, and a fix won't be ready for this release, but I will schedule it for the following release.
Hi Karl,

Just a bold reminder :)
Any idea when you're able to resolve this issue?

Regards,
Martin

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

28 Aug 2020, 00:33

Thanks for the reminder. I have actually been looking into the issue, but admittedly decided to skip/delay it in recent updates ... The problem is/was that this requires some huge changes, as it breaks the original logic of X3 in regards to breaking between mobile layout and sidebar layout. For large (pro) ipad, you have sidemenu layout (with footer in sidebar) in horizontal orientation and mobile menu (with footer at bottom of screen) in vertical orientation. This requires me to create TWO footers, and toggle them visible depending on screen/orientation. Not pretty. The entire behavior should really be re-designed from scratch, and we are starting to head into X4 territory, which is slowly starting to show up on the radar.

Not a users concern of course, as it should just work. I'll take a look into it for next release and see if I can resolve it!

Martin
Experienced

28 Aug 2020, 05:11

mjau-mjau wrote: Not a users concern of course, as it should just work. I'll take a look into it for next release and see if I can resolve it!
I do understand the difficulties (as far as I'm able to).

Personally I'm less concerned about the footer that's missing on an iPad vertical screen. 
If it's possible to show the logo that's missing also, I would be happy...

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

28 Aug 2020, 05:41

Noted!  :green_heart:

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

04 Jan 2021, 05:11

Partially resolved in X3.30.0 / forum
photo.gallery/blog/photo-gallery-x3-30-popup/

The logo will now always appear, also on large tablets (like iPad Pro). Missing footer is still pending, because it's something I need to deal with in a major structural fix.

Martin
Experienced

04 Jan 2021, 07:48

Great!
I will have to upgrade first.. still using X3.28  :relaxed:
I will let you know!

THNX !

Martin
Experienced

03 Feb 2021, 04:51

mjau-mjau wrote: Partially resolved in X3.30.0 / forum
photo.gallery/blog/photo-gallery-x3-30-popup/

The logo will now always appear, also on large tablets (like iPad Pro). Missing footer is still pending, because it's something I need to deal with in a major structural fix.
Hi Karl,

I just upgrade to the latest version.

Thnx for adding the logo on large tablets!
It's a bit different than on Androids, but I'm okay with that.

Thnx also for the new popup... great improvement!