Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

manupadillaph
Topic Author

Error navigating on Google Chrome

27 Jun 2018, 15:46

Hello my friends.
Im having some problems using the site in Google Chrome but everything goes well on Microsoft Edge.
The problem for me is also in the Demo Website https://demo.photo.gallery/
If I click on the contact icon on the footer of the page the site redirects but to a clean contact page without footer.
If I go by the Menu everything works ok.
Can you help to solve this?
Thanks a lot!
Screenshot 2018-06-27 21.35.27.png
Screenshot 2018-06-27 21.35.27.png (868.53 KiB) Viewed 3243 times
Screenshot 2018-06-27 21.35.39.png
Screenshot 2018-06-27 21.35.39.png (377.01 KiB) Viewed 3241 times

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Error navigating on Google Chrome

28 Jun 2018, 04:35

Just to be clear here ... Basically you mean all menu navigation works, but the CONTACT button in footer does not work as expected? Your topic title is a bit misleading. When I click the "contact" button in footer, it loads the contact-page, and I have never seen or heard anyone experience anything else:
Try to go "Open new Incognito window" (without browser extensions, and without cache) and see if it works there? I can only guess this might have something to do with a browser extension. In that last screenshot of yours, it looks like there is a javascript error, which is blocking the execution of the script which renders the page. The javascript error could be caused by an extension/plugin.

eskimo121
Experienced

14 Jul 2018, 23:26

Hey, i've faced similar issues (can see one of my more recent threads) but unfortunately i could not resolve it to conclusion because i had to take time off in between. Sometimes i still see the same issue both on the demo site and my own site, but after uninstalling (not just pausing) the popular adblock extension in chrome it seems to be working again (most of the time).
Thanks.

Bored? Browse through some cool images: Amazing Pictures

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

15 Jul 2018, 00:17

eskimo121 wrote:Hey, i've faced similar issues (can see one of my more recent threads) but unfortunately i could not resolve it to conclusion because i had to take time off in between.
Do you have a link to that thread? I answer all threads, and can't say I recognize this issue in another post.
eskimo121 wrote:Sometimes i still see the same issue both on the demo site and my own site
What exactly is the "issue"? This is not explained in the post, and the original poster didn't reply to my response, and didn't test in incognito browser, or give test with "console log".
eskimo121 wrote:but after uninstalling (not just pausing) the popular adblock extension in chrome it seems to be working again (most of the time).
That's interesting of course, although "most of the time" doesn't sound like it is the cause. I use Chrome + Adblock myself, and I haven't experiences this issue.

:thumbsup:

eskimo121
Experienced

16 Jul 2018, 04:54

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=9378&p=42245#p42245
     cant click on the links inside the post now since it was the demo and now its live.
On another note, i did face lot of issues like the panel getting logged out randomly if there were two tabs open with me logged in, sometimes the settings dont get saved and when i go to a different section in the admin and get back the settings/values are back to previous values (yes i did click on save each time) .
  These were resolved after updating to the Database version of X3 and Also clicking on the "Cloudflare" cloud icon "Flush all pages" each time.
Thanks.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

16 Jul 2018, 06:25

I suggest we stick to a single post. Regarding panel login, you shouldn't really be working in multiple tabs: If you make changes in one tab and click SAVE, your updated settings are not loaded into the other tab ... So if you then click SAVE in the other tab (without refreshing), it may be loaded with outdated values (depending on what you are saving). There is no reason you would get logged out when using two tabs, unless changing login credentials ... X3 uses your servers's $_SESSION variable to detect if you are logged in or not ... Your session time is likely set to 24 minutes (it's a locked server setting), and will refresh each time you make any changes in panel. Perhaps you spawned more than one session, although I can't quite see how you did that.

eskimo121
Experienced

16 Jul 2018, 12:04

Alright last post here,
If you make changes in one tab and click SAVE, your updated settings are not loaded into the other tab ... So if you then click SAVE in the other tab (without refreshing), it may be loaded with outdated values
Of course I know that.
But what I said stands true. In fact just now I was changing a few settings and values and clicked save for each folder (working in a single browser tab too) and It saved it for a few folders and didn't for the others. 
Does X3 create ANY database at all initially/automatically? (not talking about the user login database that needs to me manually created)These 'saving' problems started after :
 Moved original X2 from root to a subdirectory---> Ran X2-X3 converter script in that subdirectory---->I had the X3 demo with sample content installed on root a few months ago for testing ----> Copied the X2 content folder into X3 .... etc etc there was a lot of moving around and re-installs with Minimal mode etc to make it work.
Anyway forget the above, I just wanted to ask if the old install left any remnants/database(with same fields names etc) which may have overlapped with the new install.
------------
Update: they seem to have come with the conversion process (or Litespeed server ?) Just now i was unable to set any value in Gallery--->Advanced --->Limit 
No matter what number i wrote and clicked save, it would just remain 0. The folder had 670 pics. I created a new folder , set the desired value , and moved all images from this buggy folder to the new one and deleted it. Works now. Strange because some other folders had longer filenames and more pics but worked just fine.
Thanks.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

16 Jul 2018, 22:49

In regards to the panel-saving issue, considering it's not related to multiple tabs, I cannot comment on this without trying it myself. This is obviously not a normal issue that others are experiencing, or that I have had reported before. Other problems experienced with saving in panel could be firewall or permissions related, but in such case, you would get a clear "Error" in the save process.

If you want me to diagnose this, I would need panel login. I would then proceed to a gallery, try to play around with "limit" settings changing it between values, and seeing if the values are saved. Also, it is not entirely clear to me if the setting "did not save", or "it did not apply on the website", which would be quite a crucial factor.

eskimo121
Experienced

17 Jul 2018, 05:35

I was just setting those limits yesterday and it saved for all of them except two folders. One worked after I went Incognito mode and saved it a few times, and on the other it just did not work. Had to delete and create a new folder.
   it is not entirely clear to me if the setting "did not save", or "it did not apply on the website",
   By default the value is 0.  I changed it to say "200" and clicked SAVE ..page has is dimmer effect to show its saving but then I scroll down and the value is still 0.  Other folders with longer filenames and more pics in them saved fine.  There were no error messages etc. It behaves exactly the same as it would with other folders when saving but just that the value stays 0.
Please note these folders where auto created by X2-X3 converter script so maybe some issues there. Since its sorted now I'll msg you the panel credentials once I notice something awry again. thanks.
Thanks.