X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

olivewhite
Experienced
Topic Author

Page navigation does not take my order setting into account

18 Jan 2018, 08:40

Hello
i have a folder named "blog" that contains folders with date set but the page navigation plugin does not take this setting into account.
The gallery displays the correct order (set by date decreasing) but when you are into a folder (with a date set), the page navigation previous/next displays the next folder name, not the next post based on the date decreasing.
Thanks in advance ;)
Olive White Photographies
https://www.olivewhite.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Page navigation does not take my order setting into account

18 Jan 2018, 11:00

I think I'm already aware of this "limitation", and looks like I'm going to have to fix it somehow. It works fine if using the CREATION DATE of the folders, but doesn't work properly with the custom page DATE input setting. You might have wait until next minor release for this to be fixed. In the meantime, you may need to disable pagenav or add a class that hides pagenav for your blog pages.

Reason? Page navigation is a bit tricky. For all the other SORT options (of a parent folder), we simply compare names, titles or creation dates of all sibling folders to create the correct sort output. However, for custom dates (as in your case), for EACH of your posts, we would need to additionally load the page.json data file for ALL sibling pages, to extract the custom date setting and sort everything appropriately. This may slow down processing ... but then again, it won't affect speed of cached pages. I will have it fixed!

olivewhite
Experienced
Topic Author

18 Jan 2018, 16:15

hi Karl
thank you for this quick reply, it doesn't matter to disable page navigation until next update,
good luck, 
X3 is really powerful and unique ;)
Olive White Photographies
https://www.olivewhite.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

18 Aug 2018, 04:13

olivewhite wrote:thank you for this quick reply, it doesn't matter to disable page navigation until next update,
This issue should now be resolved in version X3.25.0.
www.photo.gallery/blog/photo-gallery-X3-25/ | forum