Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

jpcastonguay
Topic Author

Malfunctioning of Protect feature

31 Dec 2017, 14:50

Hello,

New to X3 and just created my website. I wanted to password protect a page and noticed that the protect feature is not functioning for some reason. Read through the forum and found nothing posted to the subject so it may be a glitch in the X3.24.2 version or something not configurated properly in my panel.

Is anyone going through the same issue?

Thanks and happy new year!,
JP

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Malfunctioning of Protect feature

01 Jan 2018, 02:26

Do you have a better description than "not functioning"? This is not a known issue or something reported by anyone else, and we haven't changed anything in the password protection code for several releases.

If you have link and login to your panel for me, I can try to figure it out.

jpcastonguay
Topic Author

01 Jan 2018, 22:55

In essence the username and password I saved in the PROTECT panel function does not grant me access when entering it into the authentication prompt. I receive a prompt when going to my site but when entering the correct information it doesn't accept it.

Here are the steps I take when setting it up:
  1. In the USERS tab, I create a new username and password and click Save. Note that at this stage the page stays grayed out and I need to reload the panel page to continue. Seems like the username and passwork was saved none the less when I reload the page.
  2. In the LINKS tab, I selecting the *GLOBAL link and select the new user I created and click Save. Again the page stays grayed out and I need to reload the panel page.
  3. I go to my website and receive a authentication prompt, where I enter the information which doenst grant me access.
I tried on my several web browsers and on my cellphone with no success. 

I tried the following troubleshooting with no avail:
  • Using different links
  • Using different users
  • Using a unique username and password associated with the link
  • Combining the selection of a User and the entering of the name username and password in the text boxes
Thanks,
JP

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

02 Jan 2018, 00:02

Not sure how I can diagnose this issue if you can't offer me a link. It sounds like a server issue, perhaps firewall related I don't know. It's not a "bug" that can be reproduced.
jpcastonguay wrote:
  1. ... Note that at this stage the page stays grayed out and I need to reload the panel page to continue.
  2. ... Again the page stays grayed out and I need to reload the panel page.
If anything, I would first diagnose this issues. This is NOT normal of course. You would need to diagnose what output is returned from the AJAX request. Sounds like a firewall error to me.
jpcastonguay wrote:I tried on my several web browsers and on my cellphone with no success.
Because it's not related to browsers or functionality, but a problem on server.
jpcastonguay wrote:I tried the following troubleshooting with no avail:
  • Using different links
  • Using different users
  • Using a unique username and password associated with the link
  • Combining the selection of a User and the entering of the name username and password in the text boxes
Pointless trying variations if it doesn't work on your server in the first place.

I can't diagnose further without link and login to your panel as it is an issue specific to your server.

jpcastonguay
Topic Author

02 Jan 2018, 10:27

Just sent you a DM.