X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

MaciejK
Experienced
Topic Author

Caption overlay not showing

30 Nov 2017, 08:24

Hi Karl

Recently i have discovered some issue with displaying caption overlay in pop up.

When clicked one picture to show in pop-up, the caption overlay doesn’t show up. Only after reloading the page, the overlay appears showing all exif, caption and description data.

Note that it happened in 3.23 wersion as well in newest 3.24.1

Affected page address is www.kolasinski.art.pl

Any ideas why?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Caption overlay not showing

30 Nov 2017, 08:59

MaciejK wrote:Recently i have discovered some issue with displaying caption overlay in pop up.
Hmm, I saw this on your website too, when navigating first from the home page to a gallery. It always works when loading the gallery page directly though. I could not see any errors (in developer tools) or anything, and I can't reproduce the issue in our demo.photo.gallery. Can you?

It's strange. I can only diagnose further if you can give me panel login so I can check if there are any combination of settings that might be causing it.

MaciejK
Experienced
Topic Author

30 Nov 2017, 10:12

On demo page caption overlays work ok.
I sent You login to the panel.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

30 Nov 2017, 13:03

Ok, try now ... I have fixed it!

For your INDEX page you had disabled Gallery > Popup > "Show captions in popup".  Now, this should NOT affect popup captions for other pages, but for some reason it does ... I will look into this bug. Anyway, this is why popup captions were not displaying when specifically navigating from the index home page. Since you don't have any gallery (popups) on your index page, having this option disabled there is pointless anyway.

MaciejK
Experienced
Topic Author

30 Nov 2017, 17:11

Indeed it solves the issue.
Great job

Thank You very much for fast response.

gimage

01 Dec 2017, 08:50

Hi Karl,

I had exactly the same problem than Maciejk, so after enabling Gallery > Popup > "Show captions in popup",
the popup issue caption that came only after refresh was solved.

But i still have a little issue, it seems that the parameters choices you made in index/gallery/popup influence what is shown on the first load in others galleries popups.
After one refresh the popup retrieve choices you've made in his own gallery popup parameters.

As you notice, if you acceed to a gallery by direct link, without navigating from the index home page, all is normal.

Thanks for your help...

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

01 Dec 2017, 09:22

gimage wrote:I had exactly the same problem than Maciejk, so after enabling Gallery > Popup > "Show captions in popup",
the popup issue caption that came only after refresh was solved.

But i still have a little issue, it seems that the parameters choices you made in index/gallery/popup influence what is shown on the first load in others galleries popups.
After one refresh the popup retrieve choices you've made in his own gallery popup parameters.

As you notice, if you acceed to a gallery by direct link, without navigating from the index home page, all is normal.
This is a BUG. I have already fixed it in new release X3.24.2, which will be out within a few days.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

gimage

01 Dec 2017, 09:44

No problem 
Thanks for your fast answer and update   :-)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

03 Dec 2017, 07:35

This issue should be resolved with release X3.24.2
https://forum.photo.gallery/viewtopic.p ... 666#p42666

gimage

03 Dec 2017, 10:18

Popups works perfectly now. Updating by the panel is very nice !
Thanks a lot for your impressive reactivity...