Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Eightkiller
Experienced
Topic Author

Mail problem (Server + SSL + Cloudflare)

04 Jul 2017, 04:23

Hy,

I moved my website to another hosting company, it's working nicely but I have a little problem.

I can't make mail sending work properly. When i try to send one, it's loading indefinitely when I submit it. I don't see any errors on my server nor on google dev tool:

You can try it here : www.insightspirit.com/contact

I configured my Panel properly with the proper credentials (they are working on IMAP on my Thunderbird desktop client).

I also added the website to Cloudflare, just to improve a little bit the loading of images. It is configured like in the jpg 
Normally, it should not do anything with the mail (grey cloud)

My website and mail are protected by an self-signed SSL Certificate (with Let's Encrypt)

Could you take a look and give me your opinion, maybe some advice on what do to or where to look at ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Mail problem (Server + SSL + Cloudflare)

04 Jul 2017, 16:13

The screenshot isn't working, but the problem is not Cloudflare anyway. The script simply returns 524 TIMEOUT, and I believe this is your mail settings again. Don't we have a similar topic somewhere else? I'm just wondering why you don't make things easy and use an external mail service like GMAIL or POSTMARK, or just a separate mail access server which all hosts provide (your email server is not the same as your website server anyway, so I am not sure why you need it to be smtp.insightspirit.com). This is probably going to be something with your email vs domain vs SSL ...

I can check if you can provide me panel login ... First, I will simply add our SMTP details and check if it works. I'm guessing it will, in which case, there is something fishy with your mail settings.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

04 Jul 2017, 16:14

I mean, the "timeout" will be caused when trying to connect to the mail server ... not by X3 itself.

Eightkiller
Experienced
Topic Author

05 Jul 2017, 04:13

I was just using the mail provided by my host, no specific reasons, that's why I was using their SMTP settings to send the mails (mail.insightspirit.com) :)

I created a postmark account, and waiting for the process to be fully validated, 
I configured with smtp.postmarkapp ,  and the token as login and password, with TLS activated and port 25. As suggested on their website. I'll tell you if it works when the validation process is complete :)

Thanks for your help.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

05 Jul 2017, 06:06

Eightkill wrote:I was just using the mail provided by my host, no specific reasons, that's why I was using their SMTP settings to send the mails (mail.insightspirit.com) :)
Likely something SSL/certificate/domain related, but would need to be studied in detail.
Eightkill wrote:I created a postmark account, and waiting for the process to be fully validated, 
I configured with smtp.postmarkapp ,  and the token as login and password, with TLS activated and port 25. As suggested on their website. I'll tell you if it works when the validation process is complete :)
Good call :thumbsup: Postmark is the best service for sending emails, and will also prevent your emails from being filtered as spam with the DKIM and SPF records required. We use it ourselves.

You receive 25.000 credits for free, which will likely last you many years ... Even after that, it will cost you almost nothing.