Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Sharpix
Topic Author

Some App files dissapearing after Saving

08 Jun 2017, 14:36

Some /App files disappear after a Save.
This happens after editing the CONTENT of the page, after a save, and occurs let say one or two times a week.
The result is entire website is not working, or images not loading with the circling icon, or the Panel menu is missing...

The first ocassions,happened when I reloaded the page as soon as I saved, and tought it had been ocurring a Sharing Violation at the server.
Then, trying to fix by fiddling with the Panel, at the page settings, got it to work 4 or 5 times, and the other ocassions had to reupload/upgrade the entire X3.

Afterwards, tried to diagnose the issue by comparing the backups with the previous directories against X3, finding some .php files missing, that when re-uploading, made the software work well.

My site is   www.alfalux.com.mx
What could it be?
Thanks

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Some App files dissapearing after Saving

09 Jun 2017, 10:51

What app files are disappearing? 

There isn't any reference to save anything in /app/ folder from the panel (or anywhere in X3). And once or twice a week? At best, I can only diagnose this by 1. getting access to your panel, and 2. having FTP access, and 3. Repeatedly clicking "save" in a page, and trying to see if anything gets deleted while I am clicking "save". You can check the file app/x3_settings.php, which does not entire process of saving settings, which is basically just merging JSON files. You won't find any reference to this script deleting anything in /app/.

My honest guess here is that it you some strange server mechanism going on ... Do you have other applications hosted on this website? Does anyone else has access? X3 simply cannot delete files, anywhere, unless instructed to do so from the panel within the /content/ directory.

Sharpix
Topic Author

16 Jun 2017, 19:03

Thanks for the reply, Karl.   I guess something is going on the server.   I've been having stability issues repeatedly since I upgraded, that makes me suppose there are viruses on my host.  I just can suspect, as I don't have the knowledge or the tools to diagnose the site.

Currently, the panel gets gray and doesnt show the login dialog.    Usually those symptoms, are cured by replacing the site with the "no-content" Imagevue.

Im sending you the login details by PM.

Thanks for your support.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

17 Jun 2017, 04:21

Answered in PM.