Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

uhls1957
Topic Author

X3 22.5 not loading images when gallery opened.

27 May 2017, 21:25

Good Morning, Good Day or Good Evening,
Karl, I am a new owner of your X3 22.5.
I got it up fairly easily but have run into a bug.
I do not have everything finalized to my final design, but have it live right now.
What is happening is that I am having issues with images loading when a gallery page is opened.
I have looked through the criteria of image sizes  etc.
All my images are resized on upload to your 1600px max dimension
most are below your 800kb max. Some actually have slipped through the re-size to the higheat of 860.
Everything was functioning well un til I opened and check one gallery with 203 images in it.
The whirling arrows continued for several minutes with no images loading.
I checked things in the forum to see if I could find a resolution and found nothing to speak of.
 I set up that gallery into 2 gallery pages of 101 images and 102 images. all seemed good after that.
I checked function again today and now find 2 sub gallery pages in my "Advertising" item gallery is doing the same thing.
One page has 8 images & the other 12. As I thought originally, it now can not be the amount of images in a single page with that small amount.
What the heck is going on?
Please feel free to please look at the site page and click into the Advertising item section.
Please let me know your thoughts on the cause.
Regards & Thanks!
https://www.uhlcollectorssociety.com/x3/ 

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: X3 22.5 not loading images when gallery opened.

28 May 2017, 00:58

I did some research. It seems the images load fine when you refresh a page (without navigating to it from menu):
https://www.uhlcollectorssociety.com/x3 ... Documents/

But when you navigate into one of the pages under /Advertising/ from the MENU, the SRC links for the images are wrong. It has nothing to do with size of images or image-resizing. Also, it's related to the Carousel layout you are using for these pages ... If you change to anything else (for example grid), I assume they will work. I am not quite sure why, because the carousel seems to always work fine for your /Member-Contributions/ page.

I am not sure if the problem is related to file names or some setting. Possible you can give me panel-login so I can take a look around?

uhls1957
Topic Author

28 May 2017, 08:20

Until I reloaded the images into 2 gallery folders for "2010", it was doing the same thing.
I originally had the content of those 2 folders (2010 A & 2010B) in 1 folder. that was when it was giving the problem of no load.
I will private message you the login.
Thanks.

uhls1957
Topic Author

28 May 2017, 08:28

After my last post, I see this also, I have one image in Gatherings 2011.
It is not loading. If you refresh it, the top bar logo also disappears.
I see what you were saying about refresh on the other gallery pages.
Strange. I look forward to you reply.

uhls1957
Topic Author

28 May 2017, 08:40

Maybe this will help with diagnosis. I just noticed that on member contributions, even though it loads,
if you go to the second panel, it reloads the first 4 images on the tail end of that view.
Even though they are visible, it shows the swirling arrows as if trying to load over those images.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

28 May 2017, 13:58

Works now. I just clicked SAVE from the pages where images did not work. For some reason, the PATHS to the images were corrupted in your cached pages from a previous operation/setting performed ... Exactly what this was, I don't know unfortunately. Whatever it was, it's not in your settings now, but was still prevalent in the cached pages. Saving a page from the panel refreshes it's cache.

uhls1957
Topic Author

28 May 2017, 14:12

Hmmmm. I did do a save before I saw the last issue and then contacted you. I'll keep an eye on it and if it continues I will get back with you. I truly appreciate your response and help. I am just curious as to your local time difference from me. Is it OK for you to let me know?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

29 May 2017, 00:42

I'm in Thailand now. Often found working at non-office hours  :grimacing:

uhls1957
Topic Author

30 May 2017, 15:33

Ouch! Now I know why I saw you reply just after midnight here.......
I did find what was causing the issue. 
Every time I modify a file through my site's hoster upload it causes what we were looking at.
Now with your information, I just go to panel, clear the Cache & Save and all goes back to normal.
I appreciate your help.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

31 May 2017, 00:06

uhls1957 wrote:Every time I modify a file through my site's hoster upload it causes what we were looking at.
Strange. What files are you modifying?

FYI: For best speed/performance, X3 uses a "cache" system which caches pages. If you edit files or folders outside of the panel, X3 has no way to know that anything was updated, and will therefore serve "stale" cached pages. If you DO change anything outside of X3, you can normally just go to panel and click SAVE in main settings, which will force pages to refresh.

I am not 100% sure how this is tied in with the specific issue, but seems it could be related.
uhls1957 wrote:Now with your information, I just go to panel, clear the Cache & Save and all goes back to normal.
You should only need to go to panel and click "save" in main settings. There shouldn't be any need to clear any cache.