X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

GeoPal
Experienced
Topic Author

Slideshow link + 404

23 Feb 2017, 08:04

Hello Karl and thanks for the update.
We updated our galleries and there are two issues we cannot figure out on our own.

1. When you are at the home page, enjoying slideshow, when you click on "ВИЖ ПОВЕЧЕ" (more...) which is supposed to send you inside the project page, the slideshow continues and THEN it goes to the inside page, even if you have paused slideshow... It wasn't like that before. So now the link to the inside page combines 2 buttons at once- next picture in slideshow and move forward to the link? This happens also in the english version.

2. Even stranger issue.  When you are inside projects page (http://www.studiocreative.bg/projects/)  and hover with the mouse, all links are OK and open as they should. When you go inside any of them and then try to load next/previous projects with the arrows it adds the first word form the current project to the front of the name of the next/previous project and this gives 404 error ... And this happens only in the cyrilic version, the english works fine. Any idea why the next/previous projects adds dynamic content to the link thus giving the 404?

Thanks in advance!
Keep up the great work!
Best regards, G
Attachments
2017-02-23 14_48_06-Studio Creative - Architectural Studio.jpg
2017-02-23 14_48_06-Studio Creative - Architectural Studio.jpg (21.89 KiB) Viewed 3265 times

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Slideshow link + 404

23 Feb 2017, 08:39

GeoPal wrote:1. When you are at the home page, enjoying slideshow, when you click on "ВИЖ ПОВЕЧЕ" (more...) which is supposed to send you inside the project page, the slideshow continues and THEN it goes to the inside page, even if you have paused slideshow... It wasn't like that before. So now the link to the inside page combines 2 buttons at once- next picture in slideshow and move forward to the link? This happens also in the english version.
Well, I am not 100% sure what happened earlier, but clicking the link will certainly LOAD the link you have added there ... and since its not ajax (but a full absolute URL), normal browser delays will apply until the new link starts loading.

The DIFFERENCE now in new version, is that "click" on the slideshow will move navigate to next slide. That is an option under slideshow settings:

Apart from that, why are you using a FULL url in your link? If you use a root-relative URL /projects/къща-стил-минимализъм, the page will load through X3's dynamic ajax function, and appear faster.

I might look into a fix so that clicking a LINK in the caption, does NOT trigger the slideshow navigation. But technically, what is happening is simple: 1. You click the link, it starts loading + 2. You have also clicked on top of the slideshow, prompting it to navigate to next slide. I wouldn't say this is strange.
GeoPal wrote:2. Even stranger issue.  When you are inside projects page (http://www.studiocreative.bg/projects/)  and hover with the mouse, all links are OK and open as they should. When you go inside any of them and then try to load next/previous projects with the arrows it adds the first word form the current project to the front of the name of the next/previous project and this gives 404 error ... And this happens only in the cyrilic version, the english works fine. Any idea why the next/previous projects adds dynamic content to the link thus giving the 404?
Looks like something cyrillic/unicode related, as X3 is having problems replacing the URL. Cyrcillic unicode url's basically look like this when copy pasted:
Code
http://www.studiocreative.bg/projects/%D0%BC%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%84%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%B8%D0%BB%D0%BD%D0%B0-%D0%B6%D0%B8%D0%BB%D0%B8%D1%89%D0%BD%D0%B0-%D1%81%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B4%D0%B0-%D1%81%D0%BE%D1%84%D0%B8%D1%8F-%D1%81-HPL-%D1%84%D0%B0%D1%81%D0%B0%D0%B4%D0%B0/
It only worked before because we used a dodgy linking mechanism "../NAME". I will look into this within a few days ...

GeoPal
Experienced
Topic Author

23 Feb 2017, 08:46

Thank you Karl, if you could separate the linking from the move to next photo will be great. Thanks also for the tip about the url... our bad, not intentional.
About the third issue - we will be waiting, I am sure you will figure it out.
Thanks again for your time, much appreciated!
Best, G

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

26 Feb 2017, 01:02

The above issues should be fixed in release X3 0.22.2:
https://forum.photo.gallery/viewtopic.p ... 388#p41387

About issue #2:
GeoPal wrote:2. Even stranger issue.  When you are inside projects page (http://www.studiocreative.bg/projects/)  and hover with the mouse, all links are OK and open as they should. When you go inside any of them and then try to load next/previous projects with the arrows it adds the first word form the current project to the front of the name of the next/previous project and this gives 404 error ... And this happens only in the cyrilic version, the english works fine. Any idea why the next/previous projects adds dynamic content to the link thus giving the 404?
I tried it from here (with cyrillic folder names), and could not recreate the issue (it worked). Likely this is because I am using PHP 7, and you have PHP 5.5 (unicode url's were not even allowed back a few years ago, and likely newer PHP versions deal with it better).

But ANYWAY, I have updated the method for how the links are created, and it should work now. Let me know.

GeoPal
Experienced
Topic Author

27 Feb 2017, 02:52

Hello Karl,
About the project links- they work OK, thank you!
About the slideshow links- works and is displayed fine in Chrome, in Firefox it is not displayed correctly but works fine also.
Best, G
Attachments
2017-02-27 09_26_19-Studio Creative - Architectural Studio.jpg
2017-02-27 09_26_19-Studio Creative - Architectural Studio.jpg (22.01 KiB) Viewed 3234 times
2017-02-27 09_27_30-.jpg
2017-02-27 09_27_30-.jpg (28.56 KiB) Viewed 3234 times

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

28 Feb 2017, 01:25

This is just something related to the text breaking onto new line exactly where the link starts. I will take a look at some point, but you could fix it by disabling this link FX, by adding the "no-link-style" class to the link:
Code
<a href={LINK} class="no-link-style">{TEXT}</a>