Search…

pleibling
Experienced
Topic Author

Error: open_basedir restriction in effect

03 Jan 2017, 09:27

Hello,

i try X3, but some times, i get the following error:

Warning: unlink() [function.unlink]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File() is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/vhosts/123456/galerie.sample.de) in /home/vhosts/123456/galerie.sample.de/htdocs/app/cache.inc.php on line 54

My Webhoster told me, that i have to contact the Webapplicationprovider - can you help me?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Error: open_basedir restriction in effect

03 Jan 2017, 09:41

This is generally a harmless issue, but we can't fix it form our side. Let me explain exactly what is going on:
  • Your server has open_basedir restriction enabled. OK
  • Because you have open_basedir restriction, X3 can NOT clear it's own template files in the cache folder.
  • By itself, the issue above is harmless, but the problem is that your server ALSO has SHOW ALL under error_reporting, which therefore also shows this issue as a "Warning" in the page output. An unfortunate combination from your host.
Your web hosting will have to fix this. How can we fix it from our side? The script is /app/cache.inc.php and the files it is trying to delete are in /app/_cache/pages/*. How is this not within the allowed path when it is a child folder relative to the executing script? I would like to know how your host suggests we unlink (remove) files with PHP.

If you cannot change open_basedir, you will need to suppress "warnings".

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Error: open_basedir restriction in effect

03 Jan 2017, 09:46

Could you give me FTP so I can try something?