Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: [0.21] justified layout arrangement

22 Nov 2016, 23:56

Kat wrote:Maybe there is  another way to do this  like audioplayer:"false" for a page or maybe could you consider to add audioplayer as a "page" plugins too ?
How would that work though? If a visitor clicks to PLAY music, it will STOP when they navigate to next page without audio. Repeat this procedure every time they navigate. Also, when they navigate from a non-audio page to an audio-page, is the audio supposed to just auto play again? That means you are toggling the audio on/off for the visitor without their consent. Sorry, but to me, this seems unproductive.

I think at most, I would consider a page-based audio "disabled" setting, which would allow you to force the audio player OFF for a specific page. It would not only STOP the audio (if currently playing), but it would also hide the icon. If the audio is NOT playing, it will simply hide the icon (same as what the CSS suggestion above does). When visitor navigates back to a page without audio disabled, I am not sure I would wish to AUTOPLAY the audio again though ... something which won't even be possible from any touch/mobile device.

Kat
Experienced
Topic Author

23 Nov 2016, 07:25

mjau-mjau wrote: How would that work though? If a visitor clicks to PLAY music, it will STOP when they navigate to next page without audio. Repeat this procedure every time they navigate. Also, when they navigate from a non-audio page to an audio-page, is the audio supposed to just auto play again? That means you are toggling the audio on/off for the visitor without their consent. Sorry, but to me, this seems unproductive.
I agree with you.  I found that the same subject was already discussed here https://forum.photo.gallery/viewtopic.php?t=8458 where it was mentionned to play audio to accompagn a gallerie page.

In my request, like  for a musicien, p.ex, it would be useful for just one page.  It's not like an ambiance background music who accompagn all pages.
mjau-mjau wrote: I think at most, I would consider a page-based audio "disabled" setting, which would allow you to force the audio player OFF for a specific page.
I vote for this good idea/feature.

Thanks

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

23 Nov 2016, 12:06

:thumbsup: