Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

flep
Topic Author

Menu does not work

09 Oct 2016, 22:34

My website is flephoto.com

I install a clean x3, but the menu does not work.

My server is Microsoft-IIS, not Apache, but my server provider told me that they support .htaccess.

I set RewriteBase / , but the menu still does not work.

And only the menu does not work, the photos in panel can be shown, the photos in page can be shown and links on photo works well.

So I am not sure is this a rewrite issue? or some issue else?

Thanks

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Menu does not work

10 Oct 2016, 01:00

To be honest, Win-IIS is simply not officially supported for X3 yet. Do you have FTP login for me so I can perhaps take a look into it?
flep wrote:So I am not sure is this a rewrite issue? or some issue else?
Rewrite is partially working on your server, but there are still some issues ... It is also a non-rewrite issue in regards to the menu.

We have a user torben-schramme.de who successfully set up X3 on Win IIS, using this web.config file. I really don't know what's going on though, and would need to check things myself to see what needs to be fixed. I think we need to fix the PHP code that renders paths in the menu, as well as several fixes for .htaccess and/or web.config.

For example, the REWRITE for pages is working fine on your server:
flephoto.com/galleries/nature/

But the rewrite rule to get the JSON page (for x3 html5/ajax) is NOT working:
flephoto.com/galleries/nature.json
(It should work like here: torben-schramme.de/galleries/people.json)

flep
Topic Author

Re: Menu does not work

10 Oct 2016, 01:53

Thank you for your feedback!
mjau-mjau wrote:To be honest, Win-IIS is simply not officially supported for X3 yet. Do you have FTP login for me so I can perhaps take a look into it?
I will send the FTP account to you by private message.
mjau-mjau wrote:We have a user torben-schramme.de who successfully set up X3 on Win IIS, using this web.config file. I really don't know what's going on though, and would need to check things myself to see what needs to be fixed. I think we need to fix the PHP code that renders paths in the menu, as well as several fixes for .htaccess and/or web.config.
I have tried this web.config file, it does not work for me.