X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

gaitt
Experienced
Topic Author

Default description field

09 May 2016, 05:53

Hello all,

I am not able to get rid of the default description text ("Default description be here.").
I want to have default description text to be empty (Settings - Page - Details - Default Page Description) and then fill the one I want to be visible.
I know that I can remove the description tag but this is painfull to do for 200+ folders.

If I put an empty field at Settings - Page - Details - Default Page Description, it works but if I reload the panel, the default text is re-set to be "Default description be here.".

Any clue?
Gautier

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Default description field

09 May 2016, 06:15

This will be fixed in next release within a few days. You can have empty descriptions.

I have some comments though ...
gaitt wrote:I am not able to get rid of the default description text ("Default description be here.").
That's because we wanted to force users to have a default description AND/OR use a description for all pages. It's simply a good idea to ALWAYS have a description for each page, for reasons of SEO and social sharing (even if not used on page). However, it is not a good idea to use "default" desrciption any more, so this is removed in next release, and you can use empty descriptions.
gaitt wrote:I want to have default description text to be empty (Settings - Page - Details - Default Page Description) and then fill the one I want to be visible.
I know that I can remove the description tag but this is painfull to do for 200+ folders.
Well, you could remove the description tag from global page context settings, and instead ADD it to the few pages where you want it to display (if any):
gaitt wrote:If I put an empty field at Settings - Page - Details - Default Page Description, it works but if I reload the panel, the default text is re-set to be "Default description be here.".
Yep, as mentioned, this was because if you empty a field, it will revert to DEFAULT, which is "Default description be here.". This will change in next release.

gaitt
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: Default description field

09 May 2016, 06:34

Ok perfect.
Thanks for the fast reply!!