Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

JK4U
Topic Author

Uploaded pictures not displaying in gallery ||| list by DATE

15 Apr 2016, 13:25

Some of the pictures I upload display gray/desaturated in the PANEL listing and do not show up in the frontend, but do display properly when I click on them in the backend gallery listing. They are exactly the same dimensions, color profile and naming format as the other images that display correctly. Any ideas?
Also, "list by date" is NOT EXIF based!!! This is a very bad thing, as I am re-uploading my images, after converting them fresh from their original TIF format - so X3 sorts by the created/modified date and not the actual date of the image (EXIF)!
Can this be fixed???
Another thing: when I create/change a folder name, the name field is always empty. I can click into the field and just press backspace/delete until the "create" button grays out and then type blindly, but I'd really like to see what Im typing...
Im on the latest Firefox on Windows and am running PHP 5.6 on the server.
Attachments
X3.JPG
X3.JPG (34.22 KiB) Viewed 2675 times

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Uploaded pictures not displaying in gallery ||| list by

15 Apr 2016, 13:34

JK4U wrote:Some of the pictures I upload display gray/desaturated in the PANEL listing and do not show up in the frontend, but do display properly when I click on them in the backend gallery listing. They are exactly the same dimensions, color profile and naming format as the other images that display correctly. Any ideas?
Sorry I need link. This is not X3 doing anything ... It is not even possible for X3 to desaturate your images ... I can only imagine you have a color profile that is not supported by the web, or you are doing something with the TIF files. X3 doesn't even have the technology to desaturate images.
JK4U wrote:Also, "list by date" is NOT EXIF based!!! This is a very bad thing, as I am re-uploading my images, after converting them fresh from their original TIF format - so X3 sorts by the created/modified date and not the actual date of the image (EXIF)!
Can this be fixed???
Yes this is bug and is already fixed. There will be an update this weekend ...
JK4U wrote:Another thing: when I create/change a folder name, the name field is always empty. I can click into the field and just press backspace/delete until the "create" button grays out and then type blindly, but I'd really like to see what Im typing...
Im on the latest Firefox on Windows and am running PHP 5.6 on the server.
Sorry not sure what you mean ... You mean you can't see what you type?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

15 Apr 2016, 13:38

Sorry, unfortunately images with _underscore are hidden from X3. It's the way to hide files in X3, that for example you want to use for background or preview images, but not display in the actual gallery.

JK4U
Topic Author

15 Apr 2016, 13:50

Thanks for the AWESOME and FAST support! U guys ROCK!!!
Of course, now it makes sense! Something I should have thought about!!! Renaming them now :)

Yes, I actually am unable to see the text in the field. I can also not highlight it (to make white text visible) its like there is nothing written, but there is and I can type into the field as well (blind).

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

15 Apr 2016, 13:55

JK4U wrote:Yes, I actually am unable to see the text in the field. I can also not highlight it (to make white text visible) its like there is nothing written, but there is and I can type into the field as well (blind).
Will look into it this weekend. Another user today reported the same behavior in Windows+Firefox.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

16 Apr 2016, 04:32

Firefox input bug fixed. Release available shortly ...
https://forum.photo.gallery/viewtopic.p ... 827#p39827