Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Paul Styler
Experienced
Topic Author

Mobile version bug with menu

25 Feb 2016, 03:51

I created few folders and one of them is displayed in the mobile version as folder name instead of given name in the page settings
If you visit my website on mobile device http://paulstyler.com and go to the menu - galleries.... You will see Wedding-Da instead Wedding Digital Albums
PAUL STYLER PHOTOGRAPHY
The art comes true

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Mobile version bug with menu

25 Feb 2016, 10:21

This has a logical explanation:

The topbar CAROUSEL menu is a special "mega" menu, which displays the page TITLE (if set). Normally though, the menu will look for the LABEL in your page settings. In your case, you have not set a label, so it will fallback to the folder name. Use LABEL to set text for menu items!

Why?, I hear you say ... Because titles are normally too long to display in the menu, and that is why the LABEL exists. We use label for all menu items, EXCEPT the carousel, which has space for longer titles.

You can of course set same label as title if you want. But a label should always be short and concise, while a title can be a full sentence.

Paul Styler
Experienced
Topic Author

29 Feb 2016, 05:19

Thank You for explaining !
It really helps in my case.
PAUL STYLER PHOTOGRAPHY
The art comes true

localhost
Experienced

29 Feb 2016, 17:46

Great images Paul... I love it.

Karl, I tried to PIN one of Paul's images and it throws some error.
Attachments
1.PNG
1.PNG (41.65 KiB) Viewed 3621 times

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

29 Feb 2016, 22:25

localhost wrote:Karl, I tried to PIN one of Paul's images and it throws some error.
... and was this after navigating in the menu? From the popup window? Perhaps you can be more specific, and explain exactly what page and where you clicked?

It works fine here.
As mentioned in the other post, the only issue, which is already fixed in pending release, is when trying to share on pinterest on the initial arrival page before navigating.