Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Paul Styler
Experienced
Topic Author

Image resizing is not working correct

23 Feb 2016, 17:14

Hi in my experience with X3 i found few issues or may be bugs and one of them is resizer of images.
If i post large images ( for example 9449x3543 12M ) the resizer is do nothing - the images are uploaded as is.
But if i resize them in ACDSEE to 50% - so them become 4752x1772 4.38M, than resize to 1600 and 95% quality is working.
Also i tried to post original large JPEGs from my CANON 5D Mark III - the images are uploaded without any resize.
Can someone please check the problem ?
PAUL STYLER PHOTOGRAPHY
The art comes true

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Image resizing is not working correct

24 Feb 2016, 01:04

Paul Styler wrote:Hi in my experience with X3 i found few issues or may be bugs and one of them is resizer of images.
If i post large images ( for example 9449x3543 12M ) the resizer is do nothing - the images are uploaded as is.
Yes. Sorry, the uploader is currently limited to resize images at maximum 10MB ... This is to protect your browser, which is not a dedicated image-resizer. I will look into it ...

Ultimately, if you have another resizer application on your desktop, I would recommend using this instead. It likely has better optimization and quality control. Simply copy and resize your images in a temporary folder prior to upload.

Paul Styler
Experienced
Topic Author

24 Feb 2016, 06:49

Hi Karl !
To say truth i do not care so much about my browser protection :D
So if there some way to increase the upload limit - it will be very useful for me and many other photographers.
PAUL STYLER PHOTOGRAPHY
The art comes true

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

24 Feb 2016, 07:14

Paul Styler wrote:To say truth i do not care so much about my browser protection :D
Generally speaking, the browser-based resizer is a slow, low-quality resizer, and if users unknowingly start batch-adding 30 MB -size files, it could crash the browser, while output results are below par. If you want OPTIMAL quality for your resized, jpg-compressed, web-friendly images, then resizing prior to upload is strongly recommended.

Don't get me wrong. The browser does an acceptable job, but it's just not on par with resizing algorithms of desktop applications.
Paul Styler wrote:So if there some way to increase the upload limit - it will be very useful for me and many other photographers.
Yes, will definitely look into it.

Paul Styler
Experienced
Topic Author

24 Feb 2016, 11:28

Ok - in any way thank You for helping and taking care of my questions !
PAUL STYLER PHOTOGRAPHY
The art comes true