X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

sprocket
Experienced
Topic Author

Bugs in 0.15

22 Jan 2016, 11:10

Hey Karl, some bugs in the newest release 0.15

1.) When using LIST in MENU -> DROPDOWN as the type, The folders which make up the menu now fail as a link. The links now come up with a <h2></h2> added. For example in the pic shown, the link for 2013 is now mysite/bike/<h2>2013</h2> instead of mysite/bike/2013/ This also makes the preview photo fail. This example shown below was done by hovering the top menu item 'bike' in this case, and then hovering down to 2013 which would fail if clicked. It's only the list titles that fail. All other links below each list work fine.
h2Error.jpg
Example
h2Error.jpg (13.51 KiB) Viewed 3787 times
2.) The new"x3-popup" options for the page -> menu LINK feature works fine when using an actual link URL. Both the menu and the thumbnail create a popup with the url content inside. But when you use the "Display this page's content in X3 popup" the menu click works fine, but clicking the thumbnail creates a popup window with a 404 page error.

Also, I'm curious. You have retired the check folder. Where in the panel can we now find out what version of Imagevue X3 we are running? I was looking and couldn't find it. The version running used to be on the check page.

Thanks for improvments - things are really looking good. Especially thanks for the "websites with heavy content/cache structure" improvement. My site has very HEAVY content and is now flying faster than ever.

Joe

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Bugs in 0.15

22 Jan 2016, 13:08

sprocket wrote:1.) When using LIST in MENU -> DROPDOWN as the type, The folders which make up the menu now fail as a link. The links now come up with a <h2></h2> added. For example in the pic shown, the link for 2013 is now mysite/bike/<h2>2013</h2> instead of mysite/bike/2013/ This also makes the preview photo fail. This example shown below was done by hovering the top menu item 'bike' in this case, and then hovering down to 2013 which would fail if clicked. It's only the list titles that fail. All other links below each list work fine.
h2Error.jpg
Hmm ... Do you have a link? This seems to perhaps happen if you are not using multiple levels in your list. It works fine in our updated demo gallery. This is a critical issue, so I will have a fix ready tomorrow once I figure it out.
sprocket wrote:2.) The new"x3-popup" options for the page -> menu LINK feature works fine when using an actual link URL. Both the menu and the thumbnail create a popup with the url content inside. But when you use the "Display this page's content in X3 popup" the menu click works fine, but clicking the thumbnail creates a popup window with a 404 page error.
With "clicking the thumbnail", do you mean when clicking the folder-item in a page layout? I just tried it from here, and it works ... Do you have a link?
sprocket wrote:Also, I'm curious. You have retired the check folder. Where in the panel can we now find out what version of Imagevue X3 we are running? I was looking and couldn't find it. The version running used to be on the check page.
I guess we should add X3 version number into the panel somewhere ... In the meantime, it would be in the latest readme.txt file (although there was a bug so the version number here didn't get updated in latest release!). Also, you can go to yourwebsite.com/?diagnostics, which will display the version number amongst other things.

sprocket
Experienced
Topic Author

22 Jan 2016, 14:52

pm sent

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

22 Jan 2016, 23:59

sprocket wrote:1.) When using LIST in MENU -> DROPDOWN as the type, The folders which make up the menu now fail as a link.
Confirmed. I will replicate this and have a fix available ASAP.
sprocket wrote:2.) The new"x3-popup" options for the page -> menu LINK feature works fine when using an actual link URL. Both the menu and the thumbnail create a popup with the url content inside. But when you use the "Display this page's content in X3 popup" the menu click works fine, but clicking the thumbnail creates a popup window with a 404 page error.
I checked your code, and I am wondering why you are adding an <iframe> in the content? Why not just add the link instead? Basically you will have double-iframes, and it's just over-complicating things. The data-popup-content is a bit sensitive to the code you add, because the content needs to be contained with a basic html tag attribute data-popup-content="{{CONTENT}}". In your case, it looks like this:
Code
data-popup-content="<center><iframe src=\"/x3/jabber/event/preview.php\" style='width:90%;border:none;margin:0;padding:0;' height=\"800px\" width=\"90%\"></iframe></center>"
I will look into improvements, but first of all ... it seems strange to use iframe when the entire point of the x3-popup is to open a link directly within it's own iframe. It is likely related to escaping of quotes, but I would need to look into a recipe for you. It works as it should with normal content.

Try adding your code in content like this:
Code
<center><iframe src=/x3/jabber/event/preview.php style='width:90%;border:none;margin:0;padding:0;' height=800px width=90%></iframe></center>
You don't need to use "quotes" for all attributes, unless there are multiple values ... Also, you should replace double quotes with single-'quotes'.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

23 Jan 2016, 10:16

These two issues have been fixed in maintenance release 0.15.1:
https://forum.photo.gallery/viewtopic.p ... f=9#p38800

PS! The popup-content is fixed, basically by replacing some "quotes" dynamically. It is still best to avoid double-quotes, and complex html.