Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

fsfs
Experienced
Topic Author

Previous page - bug?

30 Jan 2015, 10:02

Hey, don't know if this is a bug or you prefer this.

When I'm watching your gallery, and view few enlarged picture. Then when I close the enlargement and hit for previous page. It goes back to last enlarged picture and scrolls back all the picture I've seen, then it goes back to previous page.

Can this be fixed?

/FS

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Previous page - bug?

30 Jan 2015, 12:38

There seems to be two issues here ...
fsfs wrote:When I'm watching your gallery, and view few enlarged picture. Then when I close the enlargement and hit for previous page. It goes back to last enlarged picture ...
Yes it does, because we think navigating images should inherit upon browser navigation. Many users, when clicking through images, will automatically click the browser "back" button to get to the "previous" images. Additionally, many users click the browser "back" button to get back out of the popup window once it is opened ... Therefore, navigating images in the popup, are stored as history states in browser, accessible with next/prev buttons. Also, this allows us to achieve deep-linking to images inside a gallery, by sending a link with the #popup-url. Thus, when navigating through many images, and then closing the popup, the previous states are stored in the history, and will be accessed when navigating backwards with browser back button. It wouldn't really make sense to ignore the popup browser history only after it closes ...
fsfs wrote: ... and scrolls back all the picture I've seen, then it goes back to previous page.
This is where you lost me a bit ... What do you mean "scrolls" back? You mean the scrollbar scrolls back to top of page when the popup is opened from browser back button?

fsfs
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: Previous page - bug?

30 Jan 2015, 16:09

Okey...
mjau-mjau wrote:This is where you lost me a bit ... What do you mean "scrolls" back? You mean the scrollbar scrolls back to top of page when the popup is opened from browser back button?
No I got it answered on the first section. What I meant was: It goes through all again in reverse as you mentioned... it saves it in history.

- thanks