Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

FrederikFuchs
Topic Author

Nginx / not reliable

21 Dec 2014, 13:23

since v 0.7 (v 0.5/ 0.6 not tested ) it seems that X3 is not a friend of Nginx in cooperation with apache.

panel works fine, but frontend keeps showing pure html structure with loads of 404s. just plain text without images.
as soon as is swich-off Nginx, all is fine. Re-enabling Nginx keeps a working frontend until something gets changed in panel.

Also check-page keeps showing "Fail" on a working instance due to permissions even though all is set to "777".

For me it is not a problem as i can live without Nginx on this site.

Feel free to ask for server-access in case you're interested in this issue.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Nginx / not reliable

21 Dec 2014, 14:39

FrederikFuchs wrote:since v 0.7 (v 0.5/ 0.6 not tested ) it seems that X3 is not a friend of Nginx in cooperation with apache.
Without an accessible link, it is pretty much impossible for me to check anything in regards to this. Furthermore, I am not fully acquainted with nginx, but normally it is used instead of apache. Link = full diagnose.
FrederikFuchs wrote:Also check-page keeps showing "Fail" on a working instance due to permissions even though all is set to "777".
This is not likely related to nginx ... in fact, you shouldn't have permissions set to 777? X3 doesn't explicitly check permissions ... it just checks if specified folder isWritable() (function), and if that returns false, it means PHP is not allowed to write into that folder regardless of reason. It could be ownership, or it could be permissions ... We recommend NOT to use 777, because nowadays many servers don't allow write on 777 because it is insecure.
FrederikFuchs wrote:Feel free to ask for server-access in case you're interested in this issue.
I wouldn't mind looking around ...

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Nginx / not reliable

24 Mar 2017, 02:25

@FredrikFuchs: Did you ever have any success with X3 on NGINX? It should not be too complicated. I am currently trying to add an official X3 NGINX config, and would like to know if you are still operating a NGINX server.