Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack
Topic Author

Search

22 Nov 2014, 22:22

Not sure if this is a bug because the X3 is in early developing stage and some features may be in progress.

Anyways. Searching shows hidden folders/pages and completely skips files (titles, descriptions, filenames).

Other thing about searching (althought I should to post this in "X3 Features" forum), would be nice to have something like tagging (search-tags), they could be used to search through the images and pages.
This should be more effective and easier in controlling the results than using only titles and descriptions - it doesn't mean that I wouldn't have them included within search - just alongside :wink:
With those search-tags we may force exact search-matches to specific file/s (or page/s) without littering the titles and descriptions with search-friendly words :)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Search

22 Nov 2014, 23:49

Artur wrote:Anyways. Searching shows hidden folders/pages and completely skips files (titles, descriptions, filenames).
The search feature was just added as an experiment, and we probably should not even have added the example until further notice.

It doesn't currently support files/images, not only because this is another dimension in terms of searching through all physical files in your content structure in real-time, but also what to do with the the result ... Furthermore, the "hidden" pages you are referring to are not really hidden from the system, just hidden from the menu, and therefore still applicable to search. If you want to truly hide a page, you need to add an _underscore in front of the name ... (although I did not check per se if that is excluded by search, but it should be).
Artur wrote:Other thing about searching (althought I should to post this in "X3 Features" forum), would be nice to have something like tagging (search-tags), they could be used to search through the images and pages.
This should be more effective and easier in controlling the results than using only titles and descriptions - it doesn't mean that I wouldn't have them included within search - just alongside :wink:
With those search-tags we may force exact search-matches to specific file/s (or page/s) without littering the titles and descriptions with search-friendly words :)
I will have to say up front, there is no way Imagevue X3 will be able to include amazing and fast search like this. First of all, X3 is non-database and therefore all data is stored in the image, and you cannot expect to search for a phrase by PHP looping through all meta data in physical image files stored in your content ... perhaps if there are not many images!

We could possibly extend a plugin that scans the content directory (from a button in panel), and creates a search index stored in database, which could be used for a search-plugin. This is not an immediate priority ...

For now, the search will be applicable to simple usage, and I am not even quite sure of its usability value ... Thanks for the useful feedback! PS! I think this should be files under "Features" but not "Bugs".