Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

twbaumann
Topic Author

Footer disappears in narrow viewport of sidebar layout

05 Apr 2022, 06:14

Hello, I am another potential Koken convert evaluating X3. Everything is looking great so far.

I might have found a small bug, but it could also be by design:
If you choose sidebar layout and narrow the viewport so that the logo moves to the top and the menu becomes a sandwich icon, then the footer disappears. As a side effect, clicking menu items results in "Invalid License www.photo.gallery" if you still use an unlicensed version. I could reproduce this behaviour with a fresh install of X3.30.1.min.zip and just changing style - layout to sidebar, both with Safari and Chrome on MacOS.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Footer disappears in narrow viewport of sidebar layout

05 Apr 2022, 07:38

This is really just because when you choose "sidebar layout", we can't simply re-locate all items when it toggles between desktop and mobile mode. In reality, when viewing from mobile, it will always be in mobile mode, and the license issue will not occur with licensed version. There could be improvements perhaps, but this is currently how it works when resizing window on desktop when using sidebar layout ... It's fairly unlikely that desktop users will be navigating the X3 website with window in "mobile" size.

Thanks for feedback.