X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

MaciejK
Experienced
Topic Author

Can not log in

02 Mar 2021, 12:33

Hi
Recently i've tried to log in into panel of my X3 site and can not. I put correct log in and password then press 'Login' button and nothing happens. No message about wrong log in or password which i'm pretty sure are correct.

X3 version is 3.30 with pro license

Link to my X3 panel kolasinski.art.pl/panel

Plese Help

Maciej

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Can not log in

02 Mar 2021, 20:59

Hi. I don't have login to your panel of course, but when I try to login with wrong credentials, it shows the error message:

If you are not getting any error message on "correct" login, it means there is something wrong with your session save path (the path assigned by your hosting where PHP login "sessions" are stored). I have seen this before. The reason you don't get any error message, is because the login is correct, and then you are "forwarded" to the X3 control, but since the login is not "stored" in sessions, it redirects back to the login page again. Essentially, either 1) Session path is not writeable, or 2) Your hosting account storage is full.

To diagnose in depth from here, I would need FTP login.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

02 Mar 2021, 23:55

As predicted, "disk quota exceeded" on this host:
You can't create any files, and the panel login can't store "session. You need to sort this out with your host!

MaciejK
Experienced
Topic Author

03 Mar 2021, 07:30

Thanks Karl

I’l check with my provider.

MaciejK
Experienced
Topic Author

03 Mar 2021, 09:35

I check with my host provider and I got information that most of the volume/files amount is taken by the folder public_html/_cache/pages with  487459 files count. Isn’t it some issue witch page caching? Maybe I changed some settings in the past that prevents from clearing page cache over the time?

What do You think?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

03 Mar 2021, 09:44

That's a lot of cache files, probably lots of old unused ones. You can delete the cache, as it's not a huge task to have them re-created. You might have problems entering the dir from FTP, so you can just delete the entire _cache/pages dir. After it's deleted, just re-create an empty _cache/pages dir.

Martin
Experienced

03 Mar 2021, 14:11

Hi Karl,

I've got a very similar situation here.
I installed the 'X3.30.1.full' in the public_html folder of the site 'kunstonline.gallery'.
When I go to 'kunstonline.gallery/panel/' I get the login screen, but it's already filled with my name and some sort of password.
After entering admin/admin nothing happens.

To be sure I deleted some 50.000 files (broken up panorama files), but it doesn't change anything.
When I look in the config folder there is no 'config.user.json' file.

I will send you in a PM the admin-data of my website.

Thnx for having a look....

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

04 Mar 2021, 00:23

Martin wrote:I've got a very similar situation here.
It's the same as in sessions are not working, but the cause is different. Your servers PHP sessions vs permissions are not setup correctly ... This is what I get when I run PHP session_start() on your server:
Code
Warning: session_start(): open(/opt/alt/php71/var/lib/php/session/sess_ca46d964f119a1ab40b9f1f46e8da2af, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/deb95273/domains/kunstonline.gallery/public_html/panel/test.php on line 6

Warning: session_start(): Failed to read session data: files (path: /opt/alt/php71/var/lib/php/session) in /home/deb95273/domains/kunstonline.gallery/public_html/panel/test.php on line 6
The session path exists, and it is writeable, but it either fails to create the temporary session dir, or the created session dir is not writeable.

MaciejK
Experienced
Topic Author

04 Mar 2021, 10:32

Hi Karl
So finally I deleted all the page cache using FTP freeing up ~18GB of server space!!! No I can log into the panel without problem.

Question is what can I do in terms of X3 config to avoid such accumulation of cached files in the future?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

04 Mar 2021, 23:16

MaciejK wrote:Question is what can I do in terms of X3 config to avoid such accumulation of cached files in the future?
Once in a while, you can go to Panel Settings > Tools > Cache and click "Delete" under "Page Cache". It's pretty harmless, as cache will re-generate swiftly for exsiting pages.

X3 will normally delete "expired" cached files automatically. However, X3 can only delete expired cache files for pages that exist (for example when editing a page). It doesn't delete cache for pages that have had their path changed (moving, renaming parent folders etc), because the cache hash doesn't match. In your case, I believe the cache has built up over a long period of time, and has involved a substantial amount of moving or renaming folders at some point(s) in time.

Could definitely be room for improvement in the page cache management. I will take note and look into it ...

MaciejK
Experienced
Topic Author

05 Mar 2021, 05:18

Ok. Tank You