X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

trpgforum
Experienced
Topic Author

X3.30.0 popup bug: topbar buttons don't work on iPhone 6 [iOS 12.5]

04 Jan 2021, 11:08

Hello Karl

You did an incredible good job there with the new version X3.30.0!!
So great, thank you very much!

Maybe also interesting for you: After a moment of shock after the update, when at first none of the pages looked the way they should and all images were missing, I removed the previous Javascript workaround for translating the terms images and folders to "Bilder" and "Ordner". And then it worked! 

So far I have only found one small but very annoying bug. In the iPhone, the "X" icon to close the image popup no longer works (regardless of whether it is Safari, Chrome, Firefox App). So I cannot close the popup and therefore cannot return to the gallery overview. Otherwise the new solution seems to do what it should :-) 

I will continue to test intensively in the next few days.

Now I wish you a healthy and successful 2021!
Best regards

Thomas
THOMAS RUF PHOTOGRAPHY
Landscape - Nature - Macro
4132 Muttenz
Switzerland
www.thomas-ruf.ch

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Great X3.30.0 with a little important Popup-bug ;-)

05 Jan 2021, 00:34

Thanks!
trpgforum wrote:Maybe also interesting for you: After a moment of shock after the update, when at first none of the pages looked the way they should and all images were missing, I removed the previous Javascript workaround for translating the terms images and folders to "Bilder" and "Ordner". And then it worked!
Indeed, and I was going to post separately about this. Old javascript hacks should definitely be removed now in the new release, as it may cause javascript errors that block page execution.
trpgforum wrote:So far I have only found one small but very annoying bug. In the iPhone, the "X" icon to close the image popup no longer works (regardless of whether it is Safari, Chrome, Firefox App). So I cannot close the popup and therefore cannot return to the gallery overview.
I cannot reproduce this from neither iPad or iPhone. Could it be something native to your X3 website? Do you have a link? Do you have the same problem from demo.photo.gallery?

All the best :santa:

trpgforum
Experienced
Topic Author

05 Jan 2021, 01:00

Hello Karl

Indeed I have te same Problem on my website www.thomas-ruf.ch AND the same problem with your demo website: I can not close the popups and all other popup icons on the right top are dead, for example here: 
https://demo.photo.gallery/galleries/na ... apples.jpg. Tested with firefox, safari and chrome on IPhone 6.
Have restarted my Iphone without other result.

I suspect this is a JavaScript issue. I'm not a pro here, but maybe this will help: 
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/528 ... ton-in-ios

Best regards
THOMAS RUF PHOTOGRAPHY
4132 Muttenz
Switzerland
www.thomas-ruf.ch

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

05 Jan 2021, 02:12

trpgforum wrote:Tested with firefox, safari and chrome on IPhone 6.
Just for the record, it does not matter what browser, because on iOS they all use the Safari as the actual browser-engine, only the interface differs.

What iOS version is this? I can only understand this might be an issue with older iOS.

trpgforum
Experienced
Topic Author

05 Jan 2021, 02:23

Have installed almost the latest OS version available under iPhone 6: 12.4.9.
THOMAS RUF PHOTOGRAPHY
4132 Muttenz
Switzerland
www.thomas-ruf.ch

trpgforum
Experienced
Topic Author

06 Jan 2021, 02:15

For the sake of completeness, I've updated my iPhone 6 to the latest OS 12.5 available for it. The problem persists: all icons on the opup top right do not work. Actuall the functions share and close :-(

Have a beautiful day!
THOMAS RUF PHOTOGRAPHY
4132 Muttenz
Switzerland
www.thomas-ruf.ch

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

06 Jan 2021, 03:43

Following this with great interest, but I need to find a way to test and/or have other users post. It's not unthinkable that something happened, but I'm a bit surprised as iOS 12.5 should surely include necessary updates to the Safari browser-engine.

I hope you don't mind if I rename the topic to "iPhone 6 [iOS 12.5] popup bug: topbar buttons don't work". 

trpgforum
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: X3.30.0 popup bug: topbar buttons don't work on iPhone 6 [iOS 12.5]

06 Jan 2021, 05:50

Of course you may rename it your way! Your suggestion is also much better!
Best thanks and best regards
THOMAS RUF PHOTOGRAPHY
4132 Muttenz
Switzerland
www.thomas-ruf.ch

trpgforum
Experienced
Topic Author

09 Jan 2021, 13:24

In the meantime, I have tested more:
  • The problem occurs not only on my iPhone 6 /iOS 12.x, but also on other iPhones with iOS 12.x from family members.
  • The problem first appears with the PhotoGallery X3.30.0 version. On earlier versions, closing popups works fine.
  • Visited about 40 very different photographer websites with popups on my iPhone 6 and was able to close the popups via the popup icons as well.
  • An acquaintance tested iOS 14.3 on the iPhone and 14.4 on the iPad for me and here everything ran flawlessly.
Conclusion: The new version PhotoGallery X3.30.0 has certainly something that causes the problem! Is probably already clear to you, but maybe my tests confirm that this occurs not only on my iPhone, but generally on iOS12.x. How it looks with iOS 13.x, I unfortunately do not know.

Of course, the distribution of iOS 12 has dropped. But that also depends on the target group. In my target group, I estimate the share to still 20%. And well I'm actually undecided whether I need to switch back to the last PhotoGallery version. Because unfortunately it is quite bad advertising, if all pictures popups of a photographer page can not be closed and also the other icons do not work. So the visitor is quickly gone again - I would be in any case ;-)

That's why I am very grateful if you can stay on this problem
Even more, because I see of course anyway what a great job you have done!

Best regards from Basel
Thomas
THOMAS RUF PHOTOGRAPHY
4132 Muttenz
Switzerland
www.thomas-ruf.ch

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 Jan 2021, 00:28

Yes, although iPhone 6 (and below) is a shrinking minority, it's too early to ignore this device. Can you please check for me, if the popup close button works on the following two links?
https://demo.files.gallery/?balloons
https://photoswipe.com/

Of course, users can still swipe down/up, or click the browser back button to close the popup, but it's misleading if the close button is dysfucntional.

trpgforum
Experienced
Topic Author

10 Jan 2021, 04:56

Hello Karl

That’s unbelievable your fantastic support! !!

I have testet the popups in your two links in my iPhone 6 . All popups are working here perfectly!!!😊

The icons „Play“ and „Share“ are working perfectly too!!!

Thank you very much - nearly can‘t waiting for the new X3 Update 😉

Have a beautiful day!
Best regards

Thomas
THOMAS RUF PHOTOGRAPHY
4132 Muttenz
Switzerland
www.thomas-ruf.ch

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 Jan 2021, 06:09

trpgforum wrote:The icons „Play“ and „Share“ are  working perfectly too!!!
That's interesting. You mean the play and share buttons work in the new X3 popup also? I was expecting the specific issue to affect all buttons in the topbar.

trpgforum
Experienced
Topic Author

10 Jan 2021, 09:59

To eliminate ambiguity: In Photo Gallery X3.30.0 I had the problem in all opened image popups! The image popups in the two links you sent for testing, on the other hand, also work on my Phone 6 with iOS 12.5. Here are the exact results:

https://demo.files.gallery/?balloons 
I have obened an image in popup, and  then...
 - Function Play: OK .
   Function Pause: OK
 - Function Close: OK

https://photoswipe.com/
- Demo gallery style "All controls":
      - Function Share: OK

- Demo gallery style "Minimal":

Yes, if this could be implemented in the Photo Gallery X3, I think the problem would be solved!

Best regards
Thomas
THOMAS RUF PHOTOGRAPHY
4132 Muttenz
Switzerland
www.thomas-ruf.ch

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 Jan 2021, 22:08

trpgforum wrote:The icons „Play“ and „Share“ are  working perfectly too!!!
I think my unresolved question is: Do the play and share buttons work for you in X3.30.0? Or is it only the close button that does not work in X3.30.0?
trpgforum wrote:Yes, if this could be implemented in the Photo Gallery X3, I think the problem would be solved!
X3 uses a much-modernized / optimized version of the same popup, but in the process, I may have disregarded some backwards-compatible feature.

trpgforum
Experienced
Topic Author

11 Jan 2021, 01:29

Have tested again in X3.30.0 under iPhone 6 / iOS 12.5 and no image popup button works on
https://www.thomas-ruf.ch in X3.30.0!:
  Tested In Safari, Firefox,  Chrome 
     - Opened an image Popup and then..
           - Share: does not work
           - Play: does not work
           - Close: does not work

On the other hand, all popup functions in your two test galleries below work perfect in Phone 6 / iOS 12.5 in Safari, Firefox and Chrome:
- https://demo.files.gallery/?balloons  
- https://photoswipe.com/ 

Best regards
Thomas
THOMAS RUF PHOTOGRAPHY
4132 Muttenz
Switzerland
www.thomas-ruf.ch