Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

ed_f
Experienced
Topic Author

full screen button disappears

03 Jan 2021, 08:42

on my index-slideshow www.architekturfoto.de viewed on desktop-firefox the fullscreen-button is set on "show". and it IS there, but as I approach it - it disappears (I hear him laughing!). could we catch it somehow?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: full screen button disappears

03 Jan 2021, 09:10

Mmmm, actually the fullscreen-button is not supposed to work in intro-mode. Or if it does show, it would be behind the intro like that. Unfortunately, you will need to disable it, because it's BEHIND the topbar, in which case it will also dissappear when hovering mouse over the topbar.

I would question why you need this button in "intro mode", because it's meant to be an "intro". Also, you want to offer a "fullscreen" button, but then you have disable the play/stop button? How is the user supposed to control it?

For now, you can't use fullscreen button with slideshow in "intro" mode.

ed_f
Experienced
Topic Author

03 Jan 2021, 09:30

ok, I could live without it - but it would be nice - for all those without F11-knowledge, and these are way too many! how could we achieve that funcionality anyhow?

and I really detest to see that pause/play-button in the middle of my best images, even though it disappears!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

03 Jan 2021, 11:29

ed_f wrote:ok, I could live without it - but it would be nice - for all those without F11-knowledge, and these are way too many! how could we achieve that funcionality anyhow?
Sorry, not possible. When you choose to put the slideshow in "intro" mode, you effectively choose to put it UNDER the menu. When you put it under the menu, the menu will obviously take first priority in terms of interaction. One could perhaps move the button somewhere, but I don't see that to be very logical. Intro mode is meant as a teaser ... If you want the visitor to focus on the images (click through them, navigate etc), then why not place it further down without the distraction of the menu?
ed_f wrote:and I really detest to see that pause/play-button in the middle of my best images, even though it disappears!
Not sure what you mean. The pause/play button will appear if you enable it, and it won't dissappear. My point was, you want the user to interact with the slideshow (fullscreen), but then you don't want them to be able to stop the slideshow? Personally, I strongly disklike slideshows set to autoplay with no option to stop it ... Why assume that the intervals of your slideshow is the interval I want to view images at? Most likely it is not, any just annoying. The first thing I will do when I see an auto-playing slideshow, is try to stop it ... If that fails, I will attempt to navigate away from the page.

ed_f
Experienced
Topic Author

03 Jan 2021, 13:19

mjau-mjau wrote:The pause/play button will appear if you enable it, and it won't dissappear.
I meant: it fades. - not possible to have the navigation at the bottom, no?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

04 Jan 2021, 00:12

ed_f wrote:I meant: it fades. - not possible to have the navigation at the bottom, no?
The play/pause button and the arrow-control buttons will fade out and only appear on mouse-movement, which shows the visitors intent that they might want to take action. If a visitor clicks the PLAY button, that would normally mean that they are not going to do anything for a while, which also means the control buttons will fade-out while the slideshow plays ... so what's the point? As for the arrow-control buttons, it's pretty standard for the visitor to expect them at the vertical middle of the slideshow ... moving them down may cause confusion, and I don't see that they are in the way on the sides, especially when they fade out.

If you really need to relocate the play-button, you could try this in Settings > Custom > Custom CSS:
Code
.fotorama__toggleplay {
  top: 90%;
}

ed_f
Experienced
Topic Author

04 Jan 2021, 08:15

i wrote it fades because you said "it won't dissappear" - no point about anything!

thank you for your code which I will use at 92%!