Search…

hyc
Experienced
Topic Author

Render images not being refreshed

10 Apr 2024, 11:49

Dear team,

I am using X3.32.0 and I noticed an issue (probably was before) that I have : 
In the admin panel, the thumbnails (/render/w100-c1.1/) are not displayed (I get a 500error on them, but it's more like a 404 in reality).
I tried to go to TOOLS -> Cache -> Image cache -> delete, but i cannot delete them, so then I was wondering : 
could it be an ftp user access that prevents me to generate the render images (and also delete the folders) ?
or maybe could it be some PHP extension missing that I need to install to generate them ? if so, which ? 
I tried uploading a new image from the panel, but then on the page (FrontEnd) I get "Unable to write in the cache directory (./_cache/pages)."

How can I debug this to know if it is any of these two options ? 

Thanks for the help

edit: 
looking at the admin panel folder, i see filemanager_error_log.txt, and i see in it : PHP Warning:  unlink(/var/www/html/render/w320/page/test.jpg): Permission denied in /var/www/html/panel/x3.resizer.garbagecollector.php on line 87
i assume this is the reason for the cache issue after uploading a new image, the thumbnails not displaying/regenerating, and fact i cannot delete cache....

hyc
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: Render images not being refreshed

10 Apr 2024, 12:10

note : I adjusted the ftp user permissions (somehow i think i changed these at some point) and now it fixed it all. sorry for the time.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Render images not being refreshed

10 Apr 2024, 22:42

:clap: