Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Joseph_balson
Experienced

Re: Rating or thumb-up for clients to select photos

15 Jul 2021, 15:18

I made that function, and Metallissimus helped me a lot with insightful suggestions and bug reports.
The selection in any album is working good now, it allows to send a mail with that list of photos and any form field you need.

Interface in the panel for that? OMFG! That would mean almost rethink all of X3 to work with a database. I see no practical way to do that otherwise. And finally I came to love my X3 without a database. I had to code the few things I really needed, and they definitely didn't need a database. I hope X3 stays that way.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

16 Jul 2021, 00:08

Joseph_balson wrote:Interface in the panel for that? OMFG! That would mean almost rethink all of X3 to work with a database. I see no practical way to do that otherwise. And finally I came to love my X3 without a database. I had to code the few things I really needed, and they definitely didn't need a database. I hope X3 stays that way.
It could be achieved non-DB by storing each "order" in a JSON file. However, since a new panel 2.0 will be on the agenda soon, it's likely I will prioritize an email-only (non-panel) solution for this initially.

cheongphoto

03 Aug 2021, 01:32

I really look forward to this feature. Few customers now own a PC. It is difficult to ask them to provide file names to pick photos like in the past.

I really want to have a photo album interface that allows my customers to enter the photo album they belong to after entering the password, select the photos they want to edit, hide the photos that are not selected, and send the selected photo list to my email or save it in In the album

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

03 Aug 2021, 02:10

cheongphoto wrote:select the photos they want to edit, hide the photos that are not selected, and send the selected photo list to my email or save it in In the album
I will be looking into this feature for next X3 release. I think it's most reasonable that it will work "like" a shopping cart, where visitors click like/star on images, and they get added into a cart that can be viewed/edited. I don't see any benefit of "hide the photos that are not selected" directly on the gallery page, as all images need to be visible there so they can be selected/de-selected. The cart/lightbox itself will list only selected images of course, before user "sends" order.
cheongphoto wrote:I really want to have a photo album interface that allows my customers to enter the photo album they belong to after entering the password
This is perhaps not feasible. You mean you would create a hidden gallery, and then create a login that is assigned to always redirect to this specific page/gallery? Since X3 is a website, it isn't setup to display different galleries in the same/url depending on login variations, and this would not work well with cache either. Basically, a gallery will always have an URL (that represents it's folder path), and that url needs to get forwarded to the customer. The gallery could be hidden (from menu) and/or password-protected.

If you are looking for an app that displays images from a dir based on login, where the website/design itself is not the emphasis, then it sounds more like something we are working towards with our www.files.gallery app.

metallissimus
Experienced

17 Sep 2021, 03:02

mjau-mjau wrote: Feel free to remind me exactly how you would like to use it.
I already like everything you proposed (that's why I didn't reply earlier, I hope you didn't take that for a lack of interest), but there's one detail I just realized:
A gallery selection interface, where the user gets to add ( :star: or :green_heart:) images to a "cart" interface.
Preferably this should be available on the thumbnails in whatever gallery layout one chooses as well as in the popup.
www.danielbollinger.de – corporate photography
hochzeiten.danielbollinger.de – wedding photography

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

17 Sep 2021, 04:12

metallissimus wrote:Preferably this should be available on the thumbnails in whatever gallery layout one chooses as well as in the popup.
Indeed!

gxlucas

27 Oct 2021, 21:20

Any updates ? It seems like a lot of people are waiting on that.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

27 Oct 2021, 23:28

Sorry, I have been working on a Files app update lately, which will soon be used with X3. I will start the new X3 update in a couple of weeks, and will be looking to include the feature discussed in this post.

metallissimus
Experienced

05 Apr 2022, 06:06

mjau-mjau wrote: As for a lightbox-tool, should be available first half 2021.
We're getting close to one year later – can we expect the feature to arrive anytime soon?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

05 Apr 2022, 06:12

Starting an X3 update this week. Sorry for the delays.

metallissimus
Experienced

05 Apr 2022, 15:19

Great, I am really looking forward to it!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

01 May 2022, 09:33

The CART plugin is under construction and I am looking for feedback. Please see post:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10434

gxlucas

01 May 2022, 16:58

This is great we'll check it out :) Great Job Maju

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

16 Jul 2022, 03:51

Cart select plugin was added in X3.31.0:
www.photo.gallery/blog/x3-31-cart-files-breadcrumbs/

See cart demo and documentation: