X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

CrisC
Experienced
Topic Author

Show progress of different tasks

25 Oct 2018, 03:40

Hi,
while creating a zip package from all images in one galery, I've noticed that the page will show a short progress notification:

Would it be possible to extend this information?

e.g.
I start zipping images in galery A
then it show: "Zip images from Galery A" 0 - 100% (or without the percentage information)

If I move then to the next galery B and do the same here, the information should show:
Zip images from Galery A
Zip images from Galery B

so that it is visible on which task the system is currently on.
Right now, I am not sure, if it is possible to switch to another galery and start the ZIP creating, while the progress information is still visible for the previous "task"...

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Show progress of different tasks

25 Oct 2018, 05:45

It fails because your server did not complete the process within the PHP timeout limit. Your server is underpowered and/or you tried to zip too many images. There is no way we can track "zip progress" live. If you navigate away while the task is processing, the process will NOT be stopped ... It may or may not complete in the background, unrelated to your navigation. If you check your Apache error log, you could see why it failed, but almost 100% certainly related to server memory limitations. With our flamepix.com service, you would not have problems like this ;)

CrisC
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: Show progress of different tasks

25 Oct 2018, 08:05

hm... ok. I will investigate into this.
Since I have already a root sever for my website, I don't think that it was depending on some limitations there.
Maybe, I need to do some changes on the timeout settings - ok :)

But anyway - it would be nice to see, what background task currently is running (without having the progress of zipping the files, it would be nice to know, f.e. that it is currently zipping files from gallery A or gallery B...
But however, I think this will only be the case for me during the initial setup of the site.

It this is all done - and I need to provide a zip package in the future, it shoudl be fine with how it is right now.