X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

CrisC
Experienced
Topic Author

Inherit Settings

24 Oct 2018, 20:18

Hi,

I'm just trying to create a download page for one of my models - where I set up a folder for each year - and subfolders for each shooting we've made in that year.
These subfolders (albums) then contain all the images.

Now, I want to enable the Download Button for those images - but, I have to do this for each album within each folder?
Or is there already a way to inherit this setting from the parent site?

e.g. The Page / Folder is:
NAME / 2016 / Shooting1
NAME / 2016 / Shooting2
NAME / 2017 / [images] (because we only had one shooting together)
NAME / 2018 / Shooting1

Now I want to setup the Galery Options directly on the Page "NAME" -> and inherit these settings for all subfolders and galeries under this page.

Thanks and with best regards,
Christoph

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Inherit Settings

24 Oct 2018, 23:07

I assume you mean the download button from the X3 popup?
Now, I want to enable the Download Button for those images - but, I have to do this for each album within each folder?
Or is there already a way to inherit this setting from the parent site?
There are TWO ways in X3 to apply settings: 1) GLOBAL (Settings > Popup) and 2) Per-page (Page > Gallery > Popup). You could either enable download-button globally and disable it on a per-page basis, or keep it disabled globally and enable on a per-page basis. Which one is easiest, depends on which option you will use the most.

Unfortunately, X3 pages do not INHERIT settings from parent pages. It would be impossible to know what settings to be inherited. Clearly, if I set a specific option for one page, it doesn't mean I want the same option to apply for all sub pages. Also, how far up the parent tree should  it search for settings?  That means all pages would inherit all their settings from ROOT page. This is not logical unfortunately.

CrisC
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: Inherit Settings

25 Oct 2018, 03:19

Hi, thanks for the Information.
I think, the hint with the global settings could work for me - because it's easier to setup the download button for all popups and then disabling it for only my main galery or another if I create it.