X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

netopir
Experienced
Topic Author

Burst mode

08 Jul 2018, 15:06

Hello

It is posible when i have brust mode pictures ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burst_mode_(photography) )  to collect all the pictures to one and then list or play frome 1st to end or something else. This is just a feuter request.

Regrads

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Burst mode

09 Jul 2018, 02:32

I would have to say no. First of all, of course you would need to upload all images separately, as they are of course all separate images technically. It's just your camera that has a feature to "collect" them into group for a specific burst. Then after uploading all images, X3 would need a method to identify images from the same burst, and include them into the same "burst image". Next, there would have to be some kinda javascript "burst" plugin, that would allow visitor to navigate the group of images similar to your camera/phone. Keep in mind, if your burst contains 20 images, the burst-image will be 20x the file-size of a normal image, which is quite drastic. Finally, I really can't see why a visitor would find this very useful considering the loading disadvantages. Couldn't you just as well use a video loop? This is why video is used for similar things on Instagram (etc), because it's very inefficient from a web perspective to use static images for a sequence.

Considering of the above, and because I failed to find an existing javascript plugin that could do something like this, I would have to say no. Sorry  :grimacing:

netopir
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: Burst mode

09 Jul 2018, 13:59

Hello

It was just a question for the brust mode when its is not posible then is good.

Regrads, Martin