Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mrSLK
Topic Author

Social Media Login

21 Apr 2018, 05:59

Is there a plan to add social media API login ? such as Google, Facebook, Telegram for both Admin Panel and/or the user password protected page ? 

Thank You

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Social Media Login

21 Apr 2018, 08:56

mrSLK wrote:Is there a plan to add social media API login ? such as Google, Facebook, Telegram for both Admin Panel and/or the user password protected page ? 
It's a bit unclear to me how this would be expected work. Social media login/API is meant for web services/accounts where you basically SIGN UP with your social media credentials (for convenience), and thereafter can login via your social media. We obviously can't allow neither admin panel or password-pages to be "accessible" by anyone with a social media account. At best, you would need to authorise a NEW USER, from the panel, AFTER logging in to the panel. However, this is only possible for YOUR social media accounts obviously.

How were you thinking of allowing access for certain "social media account users" up front?

Unless I misunderstood the question, this is not logical/possible.

mrSLK
Topic Author

22 Apr 2018, 04:08

Hi, what i meant wasn't for sign-up, but only for login, like this for wordpress for example:
https://wp-glogin.com/glogin/

for the admin panel and the user protected page
so it goes like: 
1. User click login using google
2. Admin/owner gets notification someone wanted to login and give approval
3. next time user try to login, they can use their google account to login to the admin page and/or the user protected page.

Thanks

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

22 Apr 2018, 12:19

Unfortunately, this kinda "User management" is beyond the scope of the X3 panel. It's not even part of Wordpress itself (used by millions, with focus on the backend/panel), but is part of a premium plugin. Except for the multi-user panel login mechanism, X3 doesn't even use databases for the website itself.

Social login is mostly used for "convenience" to allow users to securely sign up for online services. X3 is not a sign-up service, and "most" X3 website owners only have a single user with "name/email/password". Main super-admin user could never be created with social plugin anyway, as that user would need local credentials.

Thanks for the idea, but at this point, I can't see anything like this coming to X3 in the immediate future. Perhaps in the far future.