Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

hardliner
Experienced
Topic Author

User with expire Date

28 Sep 2017, 03:08

That was very helpful to set the User with expire Date. 

Or i  create User  with start Date and expire Date. Than i can not forgot deactivate the User.

Best Regards
Danjel Rojka

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: User with expire Date

28 Sep 2017, 06:52

This feature is a bit off the radar for X3 to be honest, but I will add it to my notes nevertheless :) Even Wordpress (the worlds biggest multi-user CMS) doesn't have a built-in feature for this.

hardliner
Experienced
Topic Author

28 Sep 2017, 08:50

Hello Karl, 
i have many customer that try to see some pictures from wedding or another event. I will not give access on the Gallery permanent. And i have forgot deactivate the User and have access longer than necessary.

Regards
Danjel Rojka

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

28 Sep 2017, 10:10

hardliner wrote:i have many customer that try to see some pictures from wedding or another event. I will not give access on the Gallery permanent. And i have forgot deactivate the User and have access longer than necessary.
So you mean USERS under "protected" (passworded pages)? I first thought you meant users for the control panel.

hardliner
Experienced
Topic Author

29 Sep 2017, 06:30

Hello Karl, 
yes i mean the User under Protect Panel.

I have for the Protect Panel next idea.

In the protect Panel you create a User with Password.  Than you select the Folders to make the Access restricted.
In some cases under one Directory i have a few subdirectorys. 

The Couple have full acces on all subdirectories/Gallerys. But the Guests need restricted access to  several Galleries. 
The Idea is to set on the Couple Access the Root Directory of her Wedding with a Checkbox all subdirectories have access too.

Yet is you must set all directorys for the Couple. That was a nice feature.

Next Feature Request was can you fix the Password Popup for all subdirectory? Its this possible? Its not really good User Expierience.

I hope you can use the Feature Request to improve the x3 Gallery Software.

Best Regards
Danjel Rojka

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

29 Sep 2017, 23:43

hardliner wrote:The Couple have full acces on all subdirectories/Gallerys. But the Guests need restricted access to  several Galleries. 
The Idea is to set on the Couple Access the Root Directory of her Wedding with a Checkbox all subdirectories have access too.

Yet is you must set all directorys for the Couple. That was a nice feature.

Next Feature Request was can you fix the Password Popup for all subdirectory? Its this possible? Its not really good User Expierience.
This is not the same as your original question though?

I don't understand what you mean here. If you PROTECT folder /galleries/, and the give user access to /galleries/NAME/, the same user will ALSO have access to subfolders /galleries/NAME/subfolders/ without having to input login again.

If the user accesses /galleries/NAME/subfolders/ first, then they will have to input password. Once they are logged in, it is STORED in browser so they don't have to login to the other folders where they are already ALLOWED access.

For the EXPIRE feature, yes I will add it to my list. For the "fix the password popup for all subdirectory", I don't know what you mean. The user should NOT have to login more than once, and should then be able to see ALL pages that their user is allowed access to (without being prompted for login on each page).