X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

MS-POWER
Experienced
Topic Author

sound player for mobile

16 Aug 2017, 04:54

Dear 
are you going to make  sound player feature work with mobile also ? ,  it will be great  as now  97% of people in our area just using mobile only.

thanks

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: sound player for mobile

16 Aug 2017, 06:16

MS-POWER wrote:are you going to make  sound player feature work with mobile also ? ,  it will be great  as now  97% of people in our area just using mobile only.
The audio player already works fine for mobile devices ... Did you try? You will need to un-check "disable for mobile devices" in audio player plugin settings.

The choice is yours, but there are many good reasons why audio is disabled by default for mobile devices. How do you know visitors will not leave your website if it starts playing music from their phone?
  • Audio player will hog bandwidth, which is significant if the user is not on wifi.
  • Audio player will drain battery power.
  • Audio cannot autoplay on mobile devices.
  • Audio quality is poor and will not reflect beneficially for your website.
  • Unlikely that visitors will want to play audio from their smartphone.
  • There simply is not much room on tiny screens for unnecessary buttons that get in the way of the interface.

MS-POWER
Experienced
Topic Author

16 Aug 2017, 08:47

thanks a lot   

I prefer for auto play on mobile and visitor can stop it ,  mean I would like to revers the condition. 

MS-POWER
Experienced
Topic Author

16 Aug 2017, 08:49

so could you tell me please from where I can adjust the code   thanks

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

16 Aug 2017, 10:59

MS-POWER wrote:I prefer for auto play on mobile and visitor can stop it ,  mean I would like to revers the condition. 
As I wrote in my previous reply, it is not possible to autoplay audio from mobile devices.

There is no code to give you for this. The autoplay attribute is already there, but most mobile browsers will ignore it. I think maybe some new mobile devices manage to autoplay now, but most no. This has nothing to do with X3.

Unfortunately, mobile browser developers don't want you to "choose" to create an autoplay condition. Instead, they want the visitor to be in total control of the sound that comes from their mobile phone.

MS-POWER
Experienced
Topic Author

16 Aug 2017, 11:45

got it   thanks alot